April 19, 2013
Kirkwood to remain open until Sunday
Thanks to some fresh snow and its higher elevation, Kirkwood Mountain Resort will remain open with limited operations until Sunday. The resort will operate chair 1, 5, 6 and 11 on the front side of the mountain. The backside and Timber Creek will be closed.
Golfing for a good cause
South Tahoe and Whittell's 26th Annual Booster Club Golf Tournament will be held May 4 and 5 at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. This fun filled event includes a chance to win trophies, raffle prizes, a closest to the pin contest, and a hole in one prize.
The $125 entry fee includes 18 holes of golf, a golf cart, and Whittell's famous booster club lunch. Each day is an individual tournament with a scramble format. Individuals, couples, and foursomes are welcome.
"This annual fundraiser is a joint effort between South Tahoe and Whittell High School Booster Clubs to raise much needed funds for our local students," said Kevin Kjer, tournament director.
Recommended Stories For You
Due to the generosity and support of Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, all of the funds raised go directly to the schools. Last year more than $28,000 was raised.
"Please come enjoy a day of golf at a fantastic course and support our schools. It is a casual tournament and lots of fun," Kjer said.
For a sign-up form please contact Kevin Kjer at 775-588-6354 or email at email@example.com.
Registration open for Race the Lake of the Sky
Registration is now open for the 2013 Race the Lake of the Sky. After a successful race last year, Standup Paddle plans to make the 2013 race even bigger and better. The race will be held June 29-30 at El Dorado Beach, and is open to paddleboarders of all ages and skill levels.
General race entry fees are discounted for those who register online early. The general race entry fee online is $65. The onsite fee is $80. Children 12 and younger and relay teams cost $20. Registration includes breakfast, lunch, a shirt, swag and a raffle ticket. For more information visit http://www.racethelakeofthesky.com.
Game Time Basketball Camp comes to Tahoe
Basketball camp directing phenom, coach Gil Llewellyn, will share his basketball knowledge with the Tahoe youth ages 6 through 18 this summer. Joined by coach David Vik, coach Jamar Cramer, coach Trey Putnam and coach TJ Lucero to name a few, Llewellyn will hold Game Time Basketball Camp at South Tahoe High School on June 24-28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The camp is open to kids of all levels and will teach ball handling and shooting drills, court awareness, defense and many other hoops skills.
The camp costs $135 for two days, $185 for three days and $225 for five days. Parents register two or more kids by April 24 will get 25 percent off. Those who register by May 15 get 15 percent off. For more information visit http://www.GameTimeBasketballCamps.com.
Compiled by staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Jr. Pee Wees open with win
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- South Lake Tahoe Recreation hosts Pickleball open house Saturday
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Vote ‘Yes’ on Measure C
- Lake Tahoe surgeon, Army veteran flies with US Air Force Thunderbirds
- Car crash causes brief power outage in Meyers Saturday morning