Ryan Summerlin April 8, 2013
ASA adds new Softball sign up dates
The Amateur Softball Association will be holding sign ups for youth softball players on Thursday and Tuesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the South Tahoe Ice Rink, as well as Thursday, April 18, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Kahle Community Center. The ASA is a South Shore league for girls to play softball in before they reach high school.
Sign up for Adult Softball
Douglas County Parks & Recreation is taking registrations for its Adult Softball League.
Two different divisions will be offered this year. Co-ed teams will play on Tuesday nights, and men’s teams will play on Thursday nights. All games will be played at Zephyr Cove Park. The cost is $475 per team with registration at Kahle Community Center. Spaces are limited for each division. For more information, contact Kahle Community Center at 775-586-7271.
Final Babe Ruth try outs and sign ups this weekend
South Tahoe Babe Ruth Baseball is holding the last tryouts and sign ups for the upcoming season Sunday at 10 a.m. at the Babe Ruth Field on Rufus Allen Boulevard. If there is bad weather or the field is not playable, the try outs will be held indoors at the South Tahoe High School gym. Players interested in participating and who have not yet signed up or been to a try out must attend. All boys and girls ages 13 through 15 are welcome to come sign up and try out. Players must be born between May 1, 1997 and April 30, 2000 to participate. The cost is $100 per player, and opening day is May 5.
Babe Ruth is a competitive local South Shore league, which focuses on continued baseball skill development, sportsmanship and team camaraderie in a fun and safe environment. Anyone interested in playing, helping coach or assist the league should try to attend one of these try out dates.
For more information, please contact, Eric Eymann, Player Agent at (530) 721-2113 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
— Compiled by staff
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport