April 8, 2013
ASA adds new Softball sign up dates
The Amateur Softball Association will be holding sign ups for youth softball players on Thursday and Tuesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the South Tahoe Ice Rink, as well as Thursday, April 18, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Kahle Community Center. The ASA is a South Shore league for girls to play softball in before they reach high school.
Sign up for Adult Softball
Douglas County Parks & Recreation is taking registrations for its Adult Softball League.
Two different divisions will be offered this year. Co-ed teams will play on Tuesday nights, and men's teams will play on Thursday nights. All games will be played at Zephyr Cove Park. The cost is $475 per team with registration at Kahle Community Center. Spaces are limited for each division. For more information, contact Kahle Community Center at 775-586-7271.
Final Babe Ruth try outs and sign ups this weekend
South Tahoe Babe Ruth Baseball is holding the last tryouts and sign ups for the upcoming season Sunday at 10 a.m. at the Babe Ruth Field on Rufus Allen Boulevard. If there is bad weather or the field is not playable, the try outs will be held indoors at the South Tahoe High School gym. Players interested in participating and who have not yet signed up or been to a try out must attend. All boys and girls ages 13 through 15 are welcome to come sign up and try out. Players must be born between May 1, 1997 and April 30, 2000 to participate. The cost is $100 per player, and opening day is May 5.
Babe Ruth is a competitive local South Shore league, which focuses on continued baseball skill development, sportsmanship and team camaraderie in a fun and safe environment. Anyone interested in playing, helping coach or assist the league should try to attend one of these try out dates.
For more information, please contact, Eric Eymann, Player Agent at (530) 721-2113 or by email to email@example.com.
— Compiled by staff
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe track athlete commits to San Diego State University
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Tahoe warming at 14 times the normal rate