Neiger makes NFL leadership program
May 31, 2013
South Tahoe junior Hannah Neiger landed a coveted spot in the NFL-Wharton Prep Leadership Program this summer.
Neiger is one of 36 student-athletes, 11 females, selected from hundreds of applicants to attend the prestigious leadership program. She will attend a three-day leadership program at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania starting June 24. Students will live in the Quad Dorms on campus and get a sample of college life while attending the leadership program.
Program participants will learn about leadership, management, financial basics, public speaking, negotiations, personal health and wellness. Students will also work with the NFL and faculty from The Wharton School, gain a competitive edge as they prepare for college athletics and receive leadership training and development programming.
Neiger, who is a varsity volleyball, basketball and softball player at South Tahoe High School, said she is looking forward to attending the program and meeting students from across the nation.
Program organizers don't answer questions about why individuals are selected, but did say they look for a combination of strong academics, strong athletic performance, as well as leadership positions both within the sports arena and outside of sports.
South Tahoe students Bailey David and John Cefalu attended the NFL-Wharton Prep Leadership Program last summer.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Truckee prevails in matchup with Lady Vikings
- Adult Flag Football looking for players
- A’s win South Tahoe Babe Ruth championship, beat Angels 14-2 in winner-take-all title game
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks