South Shore athletes named to All-League
December 6, 2013
A variety of athletes from Whittell and South Tahoe were named to All-League teams this year.
The Northern Division I-A All-League teams were chosen by the coaches.
Sparks’ Ruben Pacheco was named Most Valuable Player and his coach Frank Avilla was named Coach of the Year for the Northern Division I-A All-League boys soccer team.
South Tahoe’s Derek Caro was named as the utility for the first team; Kyle Hannah was named to the second team as goalkeeper; and forward Austin Williams and halfback Jesus Martinez earned honorable mentions.
South Tahoe girls soccer players were well represented with Northern Division I-A All-League selections. Allison King was selected as the league’s MVP, while her coach, Jeremy Evans, was voted Coach of the Year. South Tahoe forward Jordyn Dion, halfback Cassidy Jackson and fullback Allison King were voted to the first team. Halfback Jennifer Burks and fullback Jensen Smith were named to the second team, and honorable mentions were received by forward Brittney Hubberts and halfback Riley Chapman.
For Northern Division III All-League boys soccer, North Tahoe junior Angel Guerrero earned Most Valuable Player and North Tahoe coach Beto Alcaraz was named Coach of the Year.
Whittell players Aubrey Felton, Spencer Bucholz, RJ Rupp and Mark Waite were named to the first team; Bryce Bronken was named to the second team and Osvaldo Reyes-Lucero and Charles Jurzenski earned honorable mentions.
Three Whittell players were also voted to the Northern Division III All-League girls soccer team, which was released during the regional championship tournament Nov. 8.
The awards were chosen by the Northern Division III coaches.
Becki Bath of White Pine was voted Coach of the Year, while Incline sophomore forward Vanessa Andrade was voted Most Valuable Player.
Whittell’s Jenny Shepack, Kenya Maltase, Ali Copsy and Skylar Smith were named to the first team; Sabrina Trachsel and Michael Gardner were named to the second team; and Madison Idso and Daria Sharon earned honorable mentions.
The Northern Division I-A football All-League team was also announced. Coach of the Year went to Brooke Hill of Fallon and Luke Sellers of Elko; Player of the Year went to Calvin Connors of Lowry; Offensive Player of the Year went to Morgan Dirickson of Fallon; Defensive Player of the Year went to Dakota Schelling of Fallon; and Lineman of the Year went to Angel Lievanos of Elko. South Tahoe’s Jared Fajman was named to the second team as wide receiver.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Fallon ends South Tahoe’s baseball season at state tournament
- Clear Creek: A gem in the Tahoe forest
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- South Shore b-ball players earn league awards; Whittell’s Chaplin wins Div. IV West League Player of the Year
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe supporters of Standing Rock host benefit concert; Washoe elders to speak
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- In the après-ski spirit: Spots to check out after skiing in the Tahoe Basin
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region