South Tahoe baseball: Vikings drops Game 3 in Fallon
May 6, 2013
The Fallon baseball team advanced to the Northern Division I-A regional tournament Saturday with a 5-4 win over South Tahoe at the Ed Arciniega Complex.
Fallon pitchers Hunter Mori and Morgan Dirickson kept South Tahoe at bay. Mori earned the win and allowed four runs — three unearned — on five hits. He struck out two and walked three in five innings.
Dirickson, meanwhile, shut the door in relief and struck out the side in the seventh to seal the win.
South Tahoe took a 2-0 lead after the first inning, but Fallon answered with three in the bottom half of the inning. The Vikings tied the game at 3 in the second, but Fallon pushed across two runs in the third and held on.
South Tahoe's Tyler Sharp and Sergio Burgueno each notched one RBI and one hit apiece, Sharp with a triple. Christian Coats, Bobby Gonzalez and River Quinn also contributed hits.
Third-seeded Fallon takes on No. 2 Lowry at 11:30 a.m. on Friday. In the other matchup, top-seeded Elko faces No. 4 Truckee, who swept Fernley, at 9 a.m. The winners advance to the semifinals at 4:30 p.m., while the losers play at 2 p.m.
The top two teams qualify for the state tournament at the College of Southern Nevada in Henderson in two weeks.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe Vikings track team starts season
- South Tahoe baseball begins Northern 3A conference play
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Another roof collapses near Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning
- Tahoe crime recap: Drunk driver tries to run witness off road after hitting bicyclist