South Tahoe baseball: Vikings drops Game 3 in Fallon
May 6, 2013
The Fallon baseball team advanced to the Northern Division I-A regional tournament Saturday with a 5-4 win over South Tahoe at the Ed Arciniega Complex.
Fallon pitchers Hunter Mori and Morgan Dirickson kept South Tahoe at bay. Mori earned the win and allowed four runs — three unearned — on five hits. He struck out two and walked three in five innings.
Dirickson, meanwhile, shut the door in relief and struck out the side in the seventh to seal the win.
South Tahoe took a 2-0 lead after the first inning, but Fallon answered with three in the bottom half of the inning. The Vikings tied the game at 3 in the second, but Fallon pushed across two runs in the third and held on.
South Tahoe's Tyler Sharp and Sergio Burgueno each notched one RBI and one hit apiece, Sharp with a triple. Christian Coats, Bobby Gonzalez and River Quinn also contributed hits.
Third-seeded Fallon takes on No. 2 Lowry at 11:30 a.m. on Friday. In the other matchup, top-seeded Elko faces No. 4 Truckee, who swept Fernley, at 9 a.m. The winners advance to the semifinals at 4:30 p.m., while the losers play at 2 p.m.
The top two teams qualify for the state tournament at the College of Southern Nevada in Henderson in two weeks.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Big BMX qualifier
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Reno Aces baseball announces opening day roster, opens 2016 season Thursday at Greater Nevada Field
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge