South Tahoe bats silenced
May 1, 2014
The seniors on South Tahoe’s softball team had their last home game cut short Wednesday when Fernley scored 11 runs in the first two innings.
Fernley put two on the board in the first inning then opened up the scoring in the second with 9 runs. South Tahoe’s pitcher Hannah Neiger faced 11 batters in the second before freshman Kendra Conard came in from center to finish the game in the circle. Fernley added two more in the third on a wild pitch and a base hit making it 13-0 in five innings.
Conard would go 3.1 innings with three walks, four strikeouts, six hits and two runs.
The Lady Vikings mustered two base hits in the game coming from Brittany Harper and Zoe Gannam.
On Tuesday, South Tahoe traveled to Dayton and the Lady Dust Devil’s pitcher held on for a no-hitter. The game ended in a 5-1 South Tahoe loss. The lone run came from Dayton’s defensive errors scoring Bailey Barcellos and crediting Kaila Griffis with an RBI.
The losses bring South Tahoe’s record to 5-10 and 6-13 overall as the team travel to Spring Creek for a three-game series against the Lady Spartans on Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Fallon ends South Tahoe’s baseball season at state tournament
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Big BMX qualifier
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- Baseball’s best in league, state
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- In the après-ski spirit: Spots to check out after skiing in the Tahoe Basin
- Lake Tahoe supporters of Standing Rock host benefit concert; Washoe elders to speak
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region