South Tahoe bats silenced
May 1, 2014
The seniors on South Tahoe's softball team had their last home game cut short Wednesday when Fernley scored 11 runs in the first two innings.
Fernley put two on the board in the first inning then opened up the scoring in the second with 9 runs. South Tahoe's pitcher Hannah Neiger faced 11 batters in the second before freshman Kendra Conard came in from center to finish the game in the circle. Fernley added two more in the third on a wild pitch and a base hit making it 13-0 in five innings.
Conard would go 3.1 innings with three walks, four strikeouts, six hits and two runs.
The Lady Vikings mustered two base hits in the game coming from Brittany Harper and Zoe Gannam.
On Tuesday, South Tahoe traveled to Dayton and the Lady Dust Devil's pitcher held on for a no-hitter. The game ended in a 5-1 South Tahoe loss. The lone run came from Dayton's defensive errors scoring Bailey Barcellos and crediting Kaila Griffis with an RBI.
The losses bring South Tahoe's record to 5-10 and 6-13 overall as the team travel to Spring Creek for a three-game series against the Lady Spartans on Friday and Saturday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe Vikings track team starts season
- South Tahoe baseball begins Northern 3A conference play
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Another roof collapses near Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning
- Tahoe crime recap: Drunk driver tries to run witness off road after hitting bicyclist