South Tahoe edges out North Tahoe, Whittell
February 12, 2014
South Tahoe's boys and girls teams both came out on top at Tuesday's Tahoe Basin League slalom races at Heavenly.
The boys team had a combined total score of 204 edging out North Tahoe who finished the day in second place with 203 points. In third place was Douglas with 183.
On the girls side, South Tahoe ended the day with 195 points just in front of Whittell who finished with 189. Incline came in third at 175.
In the individual scores, South Tahoe's Connor McKeen finished the day with a combined time of 1:01.78 earning first place. Second went to Grant Dunkelman of Douglas with a time of 1:02.98 and North Tahoe's Harrison Gross came in third with 1:03.55. Other notable finishes for South Tahoe were Chad Kaassamani with 1:06.67 and Grant Fagen at 1:07.89, his fastest time on the season.
Maia Bickert from South Tahoe took first in the girls races with a combined time of 1:02.96. Truckee's Cheyenne Brown took second with 1:04.86 and Incline's Laurel Taylor came in third with 1:07.66. South Tahoe's Katie Spears finished in fourth with a time of 1.09:38. Danica Bunnett had Whittell's best time at 1:09. 58 and earned a fifth place finish.
The next races are the state championships and will be held at Squaw Valley Feb. 24-25.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Large Tahoe turnout for Burton Creek Trail Run
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown