South Tahoe falls to Dayton in 7th
April 17, 2014
South Tahoe High School softball lost a close game in the bottom of the seventh inning Tuesday at Dayton.
The lone run was scored on errors, but was enough to lift the Lady Dust Devils to a 1-0 victory.
Freshman Kendra Conard pitched a complete game and struck-out 16 batters and held Dayton to just four hits.
“She did very good,” said head coach Shawna Mayo. “Most hits were on errors, so she pretty much threw a no-hitter.”
Kayla Griffis had a triple off a line-drive to left field.
“She was the only person who really connected with the pitcher,” Mayo said. “We missed opportunities. We has a runner at third three times and missed eight bunt attempts.”
The loss brings the Lady Vikings to a 5-6 league record and 6-9 overall going into a home doubleheader against Fernley on Wednesday.
“We know we need to work on our short game to advance runners. That’s what we’ll be doing this week,” Mayo said.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe baseball | Vikings are playoff bound for first time in 20 years
- South Tahoe softball takes series from Elko, delivers first wins of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Large Tahoe turnout for Burton Creek Trail Run
- AYSO Swarm U-10 girls soccer finishes season at Western State Championships
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Man walks across America (and through Lake Tahoe) to spread word on drug overdose
- Michael Alan Laub
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season