South Tahoe falls to Dayton in 7th
April 17, 2014
South Tahoe High School softball lost a close game in the bottom of the seventh inning Tuesday at Dayton.
The lone run was scored on errors, but was enough to lift the Lady Dust Devils to a 1-0 victory.
Freshman Kendra Conard pitched a complete game and struck-out 16 batters and held Dayton to just four hits.
"She did very good," said head coach Shawna Mayo. "Most hits were on errors, so she pretty much threw a no-hitter."
Kayla Griffis had a triple off a line-drive to left field.
"She was the only person who really connected with the pitcher," Mayo said. "We missed opportunities. We has a runner at third three times and missed eight bunt attempts."
The loss brings the Lady Vikings to a 5-6 league record and 6-9 overall going into a home doubleheader against Fernley on Wednesday.
"We know we need to work on our short game to advance runners. That's what we'll be doing this week," Mayo said.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Tahoe crime recap: Scissor-wielding transient man arrested after hurling profanity, threats
- Suggestions for making the most of Memorial Day weekend at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle