South Tahoe girls soccer beats Dayton
October 31, 2013
Junior Allison King scored the game's opening goal in the second minute as nine different players scored for the South Tahoe girls soccer team in its 13-0 Ruby Mountain League win over Dayton on Tuesday in Dayton.
Juniors Jordyn Dion and Maia Bickert each had two goals and two assists, while junior Beth Jaggard scored twice and her sister, sophomore Molly Jaggard, scored her first goal of the season.
Dion, who leads the team with 16 goals this season, scored the final goal of the first half to give the Vikings a 6-0 halftime lead. The team then scored five goals in the first 12 minutes of the second half.
South Tahoe (12-1-2, 38 points) remains in first place in the standings heading into Thursday's season finale at Sparks. A win over the Railroaders would clinch the regular season title for the Vikings and a No. 1 seed at next week's Northern Division 1-A playoffs in Fallon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe track athlete commits to San Diego State University
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Ribaudo column: Is Lake Tahoe’s South Shore at risk of overtourism?
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe