SOUTH TAHOE SOCCER | Vikings top Fallon at home
Ryan Summerlin September 27, 2013
The Vikings bumped up in league standings with a 3-1 win over Fallon on Thursday.
Beth Jaggard scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Jordyn Dion to put South Tahoe on the board in the first half.
In the second half, Ally King scored off a cross from Dion to make it 2-0.
Fallon converted a breakaway to make it 2-1. Within a few minutes, Brittany Hubberts scored off an assist from Cassidy Jackson to complete the scoring 3-1.
“Fallon played very well, particularly in the second half,” South Tahoe coach Jeremy Evans said, “and brought an energy that we oftentimes have difficulty matching.”
South Tahoe outshot Fallon 29-4.
“I am pleased we got the win against what was the first-place team in our league, but we still need to improve on the game’s little details if we want to be a great team,” Evans said. “We obviously need to work on finishing, so that is something we’ll focus on next week. We’re just not converting enough of our chances.”
UP NEXT: South Tahoe will host Dayton at 7 p.m. on Monday. The Vikings play at Whittell on Thursday, then host Sparks on Saturday, Oct. 5.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species