SOUTH TAHOE SOCCER | Vikings top Fallon at home
September 27, 2013
The Vikings bumped up in league standings with a 3-1 win over Fallon on Thursday.
Beth Jaggard scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Jordyn Dion to put South Tahoe on the board in the first half.
In the second half, Ally King scored off a cross from Dion to make it 2-0.
Fallon converted a breakaway to make it 2-1. Within a few minutes, Brittany Hubberts scored off an assist from Cassidy Jackson to complete the scoring 3-1.
“Fallon played very well, particularly in the second half,” South Tahoe coach Jeremy Evans said, “and brought an energy that we oftentimes have difficulty matching.”
South Tahoe outshot Fallon 29-4.
“I am pleased we got the win against what was the first-place team in our league, but we still need to improve on the game’s little details if we want to be a great team,” Evans said. “We obviously need to work on finishing, so that is something we’ll focus on next week. We’re just not converting enough of our chances.”
UP NEXT: South Tahoe will host Dayton at 7 p.m. on Monday. The Vikings play at Whittell on Thursday, then host Sparks on Saturday, Oct. 5.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Sunzeri named athletic director at South Tahoe High
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe All-Stars swept at Babe Ruth 14-year-old regional tournament
- Football careers carry on for two Vikings
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe supporters of Standing Rock host benefit concert; Washoe elders to speak
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region