SOUTH TAHOE SOCCER | Vikings top Fallon at home
September 27, 2013
The Vikings bumped up in league standings with a 3-1 win over Fallon on Thursday.
Beth Jaggard scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Jordyn Dion to put South Tahoe on the board in the first half.
In the second half, Ally King scored off a cross from Dion to make it 2-0.
Fallon converted a breakaway to make it 2-1. Within a few minutes, Brittany Hubberts scored off an assist from Cassidy Jackson to complete the scoring 3-1.
"Fallon played very well, particularly in the second half," South Tahoe coach Jeremy Evans said, "and brought an energy that we oftentimes have difficulty matching."
South Tahoe outshot Fallon 29-4.
"I am pleased we got the win against what was the first-place team in our league, but we still need to improve on the game's little details if we want to be a great team," Evans said. "We obviously need to work on finishing, so that is something we'll focus on next week. We're just not converting enough of our chances."
UP NEXT: South Tahoe will host Dayton at 7 p.m. on Monday. The Vikings play at Whittell on Thursday, then host Sparks on Saturday, Oct. 5.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Big BMX qualifier
- Los Angeles Jr. Kings hockey teams drop the puck for training camp in South Lake Tahoe
- Reno Aces baseball announces opening day roster, opens 2016 season Thursday at Greater Nevada Field
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge