South Tahoe swimmers at NIAA meet
May 29, 2014
South Tahoe swimmers took to the pool in Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday for the NIAA State Championship meet.
The girls 200-yard freestyle relay team of Maia Smith, Kirsten Tang, Margaret Albrecht and Lauren Tang took home a second place medal with a time of 1:50.16, beating out Lowry by four seconds.
The girls 200-yard medley relay team of Kirsten and Lauren Tang, Albrecht and Smith also earned a medal with a time of 2:00.81, good enough for third place.
The boys relay team of Louie Marin, Ryan Piazzo, Brady McIntyre and Shane Smith finished fifth in the 200-yard medley and Marin, McIntyre, Smith and Bryan Peuse also earned fifth in the 200-yard freestyle with times of 1:55.41 and 1:43.43 respectively.
The boys 400-yard freestyle relay team of Kellen Gronwald, Charlie Filce, Adam Jarrett and Shane Smith finished seventh with a time of 4:17.73.
McIntyre earned two individual third-place medals in the 100-yard butterfly with 55.79, missing second by less than one second, and 50-yard freestyle with 23.45. Marin placed seventh and eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 100-yard breakstroke respectively. Bryan Peuse placed eighth in the 200-yard freestyle, finishing with a time of 2:07.69.
In the girls 50-yard freestyle, Kirsten Tang finished fourth with 26.11 and Smith followed with 28.23 for seventh. Kirsten Tang also placed fourth in the 100-yard backstroke with a 1:03.66 time.
Lauren Tang placed fourth in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:12.96, almost two seconds off from third, and sixth in the 200-yard individual medley with Ally Swain placing eighth.
Albrecht raced in the 100-yard freestyle for sixth place and 100-yard butterfly for a seventh place finish.
The final team scores saw the Lady Vikings placing third overall out of 11 teams with 65 points and the boys placed fifth of 16 with 39 points.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- South Tahoe Futbol Club debuts academy program, first session starts July 22
- South Tahoe Futbol Club U-18 Hawks, U-12 Tough girls soccer teams deliver championships at Come Up For Air
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room