South Tahoe tennis | Girls claim Carson win
September 26, 2013
All the girls contributed to a 12-6 win against Carson on Tuesday.
The South Tahoe girls tennis team won four out of six matches in every round at Carson City High School. The girls are now 4-2 in league and 2-0 in the division.
On Tuesday, the singles team of Maggie Lee, Kylee Lyons and Caia Enriquez gave the Vikings an edge in the first round. The three girls all won their first matches. Lee and Lyons claimed 6-1 wins and Enriquez edged her Carson opponent 6-4.
Doubles team Catherine Baghdikian and Natalie Allen added a 6-2 victyory, and the South Tahoe girls tennis team was off to a 4-2 start.
In the next round, the girls lengthened their lead by another four points. Lee and senior singles player Lissie Stewart both notched wins, along with doubles players Ashley Tarwater, Kayla Lyons, Grace Bronken and Sarah Jobbins.
The girls put away the win in the third and final round.
Lee and Lyons racked up wins again, and double players Bronken, Jobbins, Baghdikian and Allen also delivered.
UP NEXT: The girls hosted Douglas on Tuesday, and will travel to Wooster and Spanish Springs next week.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Sunzeri named athletic director at South Tahoe High
- Whittell baseball falls to Virginia City 11-4, suffers first Div. IV West League loss
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe’s South Shore ski resorts prep for powder, large crowds on Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe Weather: 4 to 8 inches of new snow; another atmospheric river expected Monday
- Slice of Sierra Pizza relocates, celebrates soft opening