South Tahoe tennis | Girls claim Carson win
September 26, 2013
All the girls contributed to a 12-6 win against Carson on Tuesday.
The South Tahoe girls tennis team won four out of six matches in every round at Carson City High School. The girls are now 4-2 in league and 2-0 in the division.
On Tuesday, the singles team of Maggie Lee, Kylee Lyons and Caia Enriquez gave the Vikings an edge in the first round. The three girls all won their first matches. Lee and Lyons claimed 6-1 wins and Enriquez edged her Carson opponent 6-4.
Doubles team Catherine Baghdikian and Natalie Allen added a 6-2 victyory, and the South Tahoe girls tennis team was off to a 4-2 start.
In the next round, the girls lengthened their lead by another four points. Lee and senior singles player Lissie Stewart both notched wins, along with doubles players Ashley Tarwater, Kayla Lyons, Grace Bronken and Sarah Jobbins.
The girls put away the win in the third and final round.
Lee and Lyons racked up wins again, and double players Bronken, Jobbins, Baghdikian and Allen also delivered.
UP NEXT: The girls hosted Douglas on Tuesday, and will travel to Wooster and Spanish Springs next week.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe softball takes series from Elko, delivers first wins of season
- AYSO Swarm U-10 girls soccer finishes season at Western State Championships
- Banked Slalom returns to Kirkwood Mountain Resort for 21st year
- Coker College adds another Whittell grad
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Michael Alan Laub
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more