South Tahoe tennis | Girls claim Carson win
September 26, 2013
All the girls contributed to a 12-6 win against Carson on Tuesday.
The South Tahoe girls tennis team won four out of six matches in every round at Carson City High School. The girls are now 4-2 in league and 2-0 in the division.
On Tuesday, the singles team of Maggie Lee, Kylee Lyons and Caia Enriquez gave the Vikings an edge in the first round. The three girls all won their first matches. Lee and Lyons claimed 6-1 wins and Enriquez edged her Carson opponent 6-4.
Doubles team Catherine Baghdikian and Natalie Allen added a 6-2 victyory, and the South Tahoe girls tennis team was off to a 4-2 start.
In the next round, the girls lengthened their lead by another four points. Lee and senior singles player Lissie Stewart both notched wins, along with doubles players Ashley Tarwater, Kayla Lyons, Grace Bronken and Sarah Jobbins.
The girls put away the win in the third and final round.
Lee and Lyons racked up wins again, and double players Bronken, Jobbins, Baghdikian and Allen also delivered.
UP NEXT: The girls hosted Douglas on Tuesday, and will travel to Wooster and Spanish Springs next week.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tang sisters medal in state championships
- Junior Giants brings free baseball program to South Shore; registration opens March 16
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- South Tahoe Futbol Club U-18 Hawks, U-12 Tough girls soccer teams deliver championships at Come Up For Air
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Boaters leaving Lake Tahoe must remove drain plug
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- South Lake Brewing Company celebrates grand opening (photos)
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade