Ryan Summerlin August 13, 2013
McIntyre looking good in preseason
A third season with the Jets is underway for former South Tahoe football player Garrett McIntyre. The outside linebacker recorded four tackles, two assisted, during the Jets preseason opener against the Lions on Friday. The Lions edged the Jets 26-17. Up next, McIntyre and the Jets will take on the Jaguars at 4:30 on Saturday.
Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
Volleyball players of all ages and skill levels are invited to join the 21st annual Legends Beach Volleyball Tournament on Saturday at Zephyr Cove Beach. Teams or pairings will be arranged by skill level. At least four games are guaranteed for all registered players.
Entry costs $45 and comes with a tournament shirt, beach appetizers, drink tokes and a chance to win prizes. Pre-register is encouraged to smooth out the seeding process.
Players can contact Will at 530-416-1290 or email@example.com. Walk-up registration opens at 9 a.m. There will be a surprise special event from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Pool play will begin later that day at 6 p.m. There will be an awards ceremony and player party at 8 p.m.
Volleyball will continue into the following weekend, Aug. 23 and 24, with the Zephyr Cove King of The Mountain tournament. The tournament will showcase big-court sideout volleyball, multiple divisions and a cash purse for men’s open division. For more info, visit www.harborbeachopen.com.
LeftAlign.87Adult Flag Football
The Fish 5-3
Fat Kids on Swings 5-3
House Stark 2-6
Base Camp Pizza 0-9
Game results from July 31
Steamers (24) – Fat Kids on Swings (19)
The Naturals (31) – The Fish (21)
House Stark (20) – Base Camp (0)forfeit
Playoff results from Aug. 7
Fat Kids on Swings (47) – House Stark (7)
The Fish (20) – Base Camp (0)
SheJumps on a roll
From snow to water, SheJumps is all about getting females involved in outdoor activities. This month, the group is focusing on water. SheJumps will hold a women’s kayak roll clinic from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 23, at the Incline Village Recreation Center pool. The rec center is located at 980 Incline Way in Incline Village, Nev.
The clinic is the perfect opportunity for beginner kayakers to learn one of the most important skills for whitewater kayaking in a safe and supportive environment. Experienced kayakers who want to sharpen their skills are also welcome. Women should bring bathing suit, goggles, nose plugs, kayak, skirt, and paddle if you have them. The event is limited to 12 participants. Please RSVP with Meghan Kelly at Meghan@shejumps.org.
SheJumps is a non-profit organization with a mission to increase the participation of females in outdoor activities. SheJumps introduces females of all backgrounds, ages, and abilities to the outdoors through Get the Girls Out events, youth initiatives, and outdoor education opportunities.
Founded in 2007 by big-mountain skier Lynsey Dyer, Claire Smallwood, and Vanessa Pierce, the vision of SheJumps is to create positive female role models and encourage women around the world to take a jump and live their lives to the fullest potential. SheJumps has seven regional offices in the United States and a growing network of supporters all around the world.
Compiled by staff.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M