Ryan Summerlin September 12, 2013
Weekend home games
SOUTH TAHOE: The football team will host Fallon at 7 p.m. on Friday at South Tahoe High School.
The boys varsity soccer team will host Lowry at 1 p.m. on Saturday at South Tahoe High School. The JV game will precede varsity.
WHITTELL: The volleyball team will host its first game against Sierra Lutheran at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Whittell High School. The JV game will precede varsity.
POP WARNER: The South Lake Tahoe Pop Warner season will kick off Saturday at South Tahoe High School. The Tiny Mites will take on Reno South at 4 p.m. The Pee Wees will take on Sparks Wolf Pack at 6 p.m. and the Junior Midgets will take on Sparks Wolf Pack at 8 p.m.
Former Viking tallies team high
A former South Tahoe volleyball player, Page Gustofson, tallied a team-high of 11 assists in her current role as Wheaton College setter.
Wheaton defeated Mount Ida College in three straight sets, 3-0, by scores of 25-19, 25-16 and 26-24 in non-conference action on Tuesday night.
As a team, the Lyons hit .115 (30 kills, 20 errors, 87 attempts), registered 41 digs, 28 assists and 12 serving aces.
Volunteers needed for Ironman Lake Tahoe
North Lake Tahoe is seeking volunteers to aid competitors as they put their athleticism to the test in the inaugural Ironman Lake Tahoe on Sunday.
About 300 more volunteers are needed. Positions include bike and gear handlers, crowd control, environmental services and directional guides. Interested volunteers are eligible for priority registration for Ironman Lake Tahoe, 2014, which opens Monday, Sept. 23 at 8 a.m. For more sign up information contact Sean Sweeney, volunteer director IRONMAN Lake Tahoe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys & Girls Club golf tourney returns to Edgewood
The 20th annual Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe Golf Tournament (email@example.com), long considered one of the area’s top golf fundraisers, is set for Columbus Day, Monday, Oct. 14. The event annually raises more than $40,000 to support the work of the Club, which assists over 800 local children throughout the year.
Playing spots are available now through the Boys & Girls Club for $225. For details on sponsorship options and to reserve playing spots, visit: http://bgclt.org/event-registration/ or call the Boys & Girls Club at 530-542-0838.
Compiled by staff.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M