September 12, 2013
Weekend home games
SOUTH TAHOE: The football team will host Fallon at 7 p.m. on Friday at South Tahoe High School.
The boys varsity soccer team will host Lowry at 1 p.m. on Saturday at South Tahoe High School. The JV game will precede varsity.
WHITTELL: The volleyball team will host its first game against Sierra Lutheran at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Whittell High School. The JV game will precede varsity.
POP WARNER: The South Lake Tahoe Pop Warner season will kick off Saturday at South Tahoe High School. The Tiny Mites will take on Reno South at 4 p.m. The Pee Wees will take on Sparks Wolf Pack at 6 p.m. and the Junior Midgets will take on Sparks Wolf Pack at 8 p.m.
Former Viking tallies team high
A former South Tahoe volleyball player, Page Gustofson, tallied a team-high of 11 assists in her current role as Wheaton College setter.
Wheaton defeated Mount Ida College in three straight sets, 3-0, by scores of 25-19, 25-16 and 26-24 in non-conference action on Tuesday night.
As a team, the Lyons hit .115 (30 kills, 20 errors, 87 attempts), registered 41 digs, 28 assists and 12 serving aces.
Volunteers needed for Ironman Lake Tahoe
North Lake Tahoe is seeking volunteers to aid competitors as they put their athleticism to the test in the inaugural Ironman Lake Tahoe on Sunday.
About 300 more volunteers are needed. Positions include bike and gear handlers, crowd control, environmental services and directional guides. Interested volunteers are eligible for priority registration for Ironman Lake Tahoe, 2014, which opens Monday, Sept. 23 at 8 a.m. For more sign up information contact Sean Sweeney, volunteer director IRONMAN Lake Tahoe, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys & Girls Club golf tourney returns to Edgewood
The 20th annual Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe Golf Tournament (email@example.com), long considered one of the area's top golf fundraisers, is set for Columbus Day, Monday, Oct. 14. The event annually raises more than $40,000 to support the work of the Club, which assists over 800 local children throughout the year.
Playing spots are available now through the Boys & Girls Club for $225. For details on sponsorship options and to reserve playing spots, visit: http://bgclt.org/event-registration/ or call the Boys & Girls Club at 530-542-0838.
Compiled by staff.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Aces low: Whittell baseball falls to cross-lake foe Incline 14-4 at Greater Nevada Field
- South Tahoe softball athlete earns scholarship to play at South Dakota State University
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite