Tahoe freshmen defeat Dayton
January 9, 2014
South Tahoe's freshmen boys' basketball team defeated visiting Dayton 55-20 on Tuesday.
The Vikings took a 17-6 lead in the first quarter. They then outscored Dayton 15-1 in the second and 12-3 in the third.
Tyler Ritter, Noah Jackson and Garret Harley each scored a game-high 12 points for South Tahoe.
Tommy Cefalu scored six points for the Vikings. He also had six assists and five rebounds. Zen Contestable scored eight points and hauled in 10 rebounds.
"I'm really happy with the progress we're making," South Tahoe coach Rick Chandler said about the game.
"In particular, Zen Contestable is making great strides. He's never played basketball before this year but has become one of the best big men in the league."
With the win, South Tahoe's freshmen boys' team improves to 9-2 overall, 3-2 IA Northern. The team plays at home against Fernley on Saturday. The game starts at 12:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- A’s win South Tahoe Babe Ruth championship, beat Angels 14-2 in winner-take-all title game
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys