Tang sisters medal in state championships
May 24, 2013
South Tahoe state results
Margaret Albrecht: 7th place 200 freestyle (2:08.21); 6th place 500 freestyle (5:56.09);
Lauren Tang: 3rd place 50 freestyle (25.64); 4th place 100 breaststroke (1:12.23)
Kirsten Tang: 4th place 50 freestyle (25.80); 3rd place 100 backstroke (1:04:67)
Brady McIntyre: 6th place 50 freestyle (24.89); 6th 100 butterfly (1:01.06);
Cassandra Marin: 7th 100 butterfly (1:08.07);
Madeline Pennington: 8th 100 freestyle (1:03.32)
Girls 200 medley (Kirsten Tang, Cassandra Marin, Margaret Albrecht, Lauren Tang): 3rd place (1:58.85)
Boys 200 medley (Ryan Piazzo, Ben Eliot, Brady McIntyre, Aaron Mason): 4th place (1:57.84)
Girls 200 freestyle (Ally Swain, Kimberly Craig, Lissie Stewart, Madeline Pennington): 8th place (1:58.85)
Boys 200 freestyle (Aaron Mason, Shane Smith, Ben Eliot, Brady McIntyre,): 6th place (1:43.72)
Girls 400 freestyle (Kirsten Tang, Margaret Albrecht, Cassandra Marin, Lauren Tang): 3rd place (3:51.72)
1. Boulder City 193
2. Truckee 97
3. South Tahoe 56
4. Fallon 46
5. Faith Lutheran 36
6. Chaparral 28
1. Boulder City 191
2. Truckee 96
3. Sage Ridge 58
4. Clark 50
5. Virginia Valley 26
6. South Tahoe 22
The Vikings wrapped up the swim season with some shiny new hardware, courtesy of the state of Nevada.
The South Tahoe swim team returned from the Division I-A state championship meet in Carson City this past weekend with four individual medals and three relay medals.
The South Tahoe girls team captured third place with 56 points, behind Boulder City in first (193) and Truckee in second (97).
The South Tahoe boys team finished sixth with 22 points, behind Boulder City (191), Truckee (96) and Sage Ridge (58) in the top three spots.
Kirsten Tang and Lauren Tang turned in top performances to lead the girls team to third place. The Tang sisters medaled in every individual event they swam in.
Kirsten swam to fourth place in the 50-yard freestyle (25.80) and third place in the 100-yard backstroke (1:04:67).
Lauren took third place in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 25.64, and fourth place in the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:12.23.
Both sisters were also part of South Tahoe's top relay teams.
Kirsten, Cassandra Marin, Margaret Albrecht and Lauren took third place in the girls 200 medley with a relay time of 1:58.85.
The same group of girls also took third in the 400 freestyle relay with a time of 3:51.72.
The boys 200 medley relay team, Ryan Piazzo, Ben Eliot, Brady McIntyre and Aaron Mason, also medaled with a fourth-place time of 1:57.84.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- 2013 Banked Slalom Results
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Community rallies around wrestling coach
- Vail Resorts extends ski season at Lake Tahoe resorts
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm winds down after dumping 2 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Drivers unlikely to be reimbursed for pothole damage