Viking golfers swing into fourth place
September 19, 2013
South Tahoe 458
Ayden Williamson 101
Emily Aminien 116
Courtney Cromwell 117
Katie Sears 124
Team Lowry extended its golfing reign to three in a row on Wednesday.
The Buckaroos won their third consecutive golf tournament with a 368 during a Spring Creek hosted tournament. The South Tahoe girls golf team finished in fourth (458), behind Fernley in second (377) and Elko in third (391).
The lowest individual score of the game went to Lowry’s Alyssa Dendary, who shot a 79. Fernley’s Brittany Evans, who leads the league, was one shot off with an 80. Truckee’s lone golfer, freshmen Sienna Scibird, turned in another standout performance with 88.
Ayden Williamson led the South Tahoe golfers with 101. Emily Aminien chipped in a 116, Katie Sears a 124, and Courtney Cromwell 117.
UP NEXT: South Tahoe played in Lowry on Thursday and will play again in a Sparks tournament on Wednesday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe softball takes series from Elko, delivers first wins of season
- AYSO Swarm U-10 girls soccer finishes season at Western State Championships
- Banked Slalom returns to Kirkwood Mountain Resort for 21st year
- Coker College adds another Whittell grad
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Storms dump 11 billion gallons of water in Lake Tahoe
- Michael Alan Laub
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- Local briefs: South Lake Tahoe Loop Road public meeting, and more