Vikings and Warriors tee off in Elko
April 18, 2013
Spring Creek 431
South Tahoe 548
Whittell Individual Results
Derek Heldt-Werle 94
Steven Beelar 91
Anders Chaplin 97
Zoe Bertz 95
Colin Buchholz 106
Matt Davis 103
South Tahoe Individual Results
Connor Shaw 92
Tre Charrette 97
Kybur Oberhaus 114
Sam Burba 96
Sean Doyle 149
Lowry took top honors at a Northern Division I-A golf tournament at Ruby View Golf Course in Elko on Wednesday, while Whittell’s Steven Beelar and South Tahoe’s Connor Shaw led the South Shore golfers with the lowest scores.
The Buckaroos finished with a combined score of 400 between their top five golfers to lead the field. Host Elko was second, shooting a 418 collectively, and was followed by Spring Creek (431), Dayton (472), Whittell (480), Fernley (485), Fallon (493), South Tahoe (548) and Sparks (548). Whittell was the only DIII school in the mix, and managed a fifth-place finish.
Beelar led the Warriors with a team-low of 91. Derek Heldt-Werle wasn’t far behind, firing a 94, and Zoe Bertz shot a 95. Anders Chaplin shot a 97, Matt Davis a 103 and Colin Buchholz a 106.
Shaw led South Tahoe with a team-low of 92.
The Vikings’ Sam Burba shot a 96, Tre Charrette a 97, Kybur Oberhaus a 114 and Sean Doyle fired a 149.
Another Division I-A tournament was scheduled for Thursday in Winnemucca. Elko Golf Tourney
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football flattens Fernley 36-8 in home opener, Galli shines in first varsity start
- Spring ball: South Lake Tahoe youth team competes in Excel Athletics tackle football league
- South Tahoe volleyball aims for smooth transition under new head coach Racca
- South Tahoe girls golf hosts tournament at Lake Tahoe Golf Course, finishes 5th