Vikings run winning streak to 7 after sweep of Truckee
April 8, 2014
The South Tahoe baseball team improved to 7-1 in Division I-A play with a doubleheader sweep, 15-2 and 14-5, at Truckee on Saturday.
Liam Loftis earned the win in Game 1 for the Vikings, as he allowed one earned run on five hits and two walks in the shortened game, which was called after five innings on the 10-run rule.
South Tahoe banged out 21 hits, led by Dakota Lynch's 5-for-5 performance with a double and two RBIs. Dominic Diana drove in four runs on three hits, including two doubles, while Aaron Pfister went 3-for-3 with three RBIs, RJ Rivera had three hits (two doubles) and an RBI, and Loftis and River Quinn each had two hits and an RBI. Loftis helped his cause with a double and a triple.
Riley Guiragossian started and picked up the loss for the Wolverines.
Miles Guiragossian led the Truckee offense with two hits and an RBI. Nico Gardella contributed an RBI and Riley Guiragossian, Connor Nicholas and JJ Bellon finished with a hit apiece.
The Vikings carried their hot offense into Game 2, picking up another 17 hits against Truckee pitchers Ty Vaio and Bradley VanSchoonhoven.
Recommended Stories For You
Quinn went 4-for-4 with a double and two RBIs, and Diana contributed a double and four RBIs. Rivera drove in three runs on three hits, including a double, Pfister had three hits and an RBI, Sergia Burgueno had two hits and two RBIs, and Kolby Eymann had two hits and RBI.
Lynch started and went six innings, giving up three earned runs on eight hits and four walks while striking out three. Freshman Garrett Harley pitched a scoreless seventh inning in relief.
Truckee managed nine hits in the contest, with Vaio going 2-for-2 with an RBI and Michael Jones finishing with a hit and two RBIs. Gavin Broad delivered an RBI, while Riley Guiragossian, Miles Guiragossian, Cameron Hollabaugh, Nicholas, Joey Gravell and Teagan Pado each had one hit.
The Wolverines fell to 1-5 in league.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Doubles time: Record turnout brings high level of competition to 33rd annual Tahoe Tennis Classic
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Four Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer local products sign with NAIA programs; Carroll inks with Martin Methodist
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Lake Tahoe weather: Happy first day of fall, here is some more snow