Vikings split against Douglas
September 27, 2013
The Vikings tennis teams split their Douglas matches on Thursday.
The boys beat Douglas 13-5 on the road, and the girls lost their home match 5-13. The boys are now 5-2 in league, and the girls 4-3.
Boys notch win
The boys kept the winning momentum rolling into Douglas.
No. 1 singles Chad Kaassamani picked up three wins 6-1, 6-1 and 6-0. Normally a doubles player, senior Kyle Swain stepped into the single field and also went undefeated. Swain won 6-0 and 6-4.
Singles player Adam Jarrett also notched three out of three, 6-2, 6-4 and 6-0.
Senior doubles teams Trevor Garon and Ryan Piazzo claimed wins in both of their matches.
Doubles best Douglas
Thursday was not all bad for South Tahoe, especially in doubles.
Douglas' No. 1 doubles team, Bryana McNamera-Ingrid Carlson, was undefeated until it met South Tahoe's No. 1 team Grace Bronken and Sarah Jobbins. The Vikings' doubles team won all three its matches against quality opponents.
Doubles team Catherine Baghdikian and Natalie Allen notched a hard-fought 6-4 win in the first round, and Ashley Tarwater and Kayla Lyons played some great matches.
Maggie Lee was the only singles player to pick up a win against the tough Douglas team.
UP NEXT: The boys will host Wooster and Spring Creek at home on Tuesday and Thursday while the girls will play on the road.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- 2 found dead in plane wreckage under snow in California
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- Motorist airlifted to hospital after going over side of Kingsbury Grade