Vikings top Dust Devils
May 1, 2014
South Tahoe baseball came out on top of a close pitching battle against Dayton on Tuesday afternoon.
Liam Loftis pitched seven innings for the Vikings giving up seven hits, one walk and two runs while striking out five. South Tahoe went on to win 3-2.
"That was probably the best game (Loftis) has pitched for us this season," said head coach Starbuck Teevan. "Our defense was outstanding. We made every routine play. That was what kept the game close."
Paul Hoeffer and Aaron Pfister both got on base after being hit by a pitch which each led to a run.
Dominic Diana had a two-run double and RJ Rivera had the third RBI on his only hit of the day.
The Vikings had just six hits on the game. Kolby Eymann went 2-for-4.
The 14-9 Vikings travel to Spring Creek on Friday for a three-game series.
"We're happy with the win. It's just one step closer to where we want to be," Teevan said. "We hope to win the series (against Spring Creek) and get into good position for the playoffs."
Trending In: Local Sports
- Fresno man falls to his death at Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- At 80 years young, Lake Tahoe man is Heavenly Mountain Resort ski instructor
- Former StubHub CTO to launch mental health care app based in South Lake Tahoe
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe