Vikings top Dust Devils
May 1, 2014
South Tahoe baseball came out on top of a close pitching battle against Dayton on Tuesday afternoon.
Liam Loftis pitched seven innings for the Vikings giving up seven hits, one walk and two runs while striking out five. South Tahoe went on to win 3-2.
"That was probably the best game (Loftis) has pitched for us this season," said head coach Starbuck Teevan. "Our defense was outstanding. We made every routine play. That was what kept the game close."
Paul Hoeffer and Aaron Pfister both got on base after being hit by a pitch which each led to a run.
Dominic Diana had a two-run double and RJ Rivera had the third RBI on his only hit of the day.
The Vikings had just six hits on the game. Kolby Eymann went 2-for-4.
The 14-9 Vikings travel to Spring Creek on Friday for a three-game series.
"We're happy with the win. It's just one step closer to where we want to be," Teevan said. "We hope to win the series (against Spring Creek) and get into good position for the playoffs."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Training Camps brings high-level soccer to the region, locals hit the pitch during South Lake Tahoe camp
- Brosch looks to set more school records at state meet
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Jack Johnson donates to Lake Tahoe environmental groups