Vikings top Dust Devils
May 1, 2014
South Tahoe baseball came out on top of a close pitching battle against Dayton on Tuesday afternoon.
Liam Loftis pitched seven innings for the Vikings giving up seven hits, one walk and two runs while striking out five. South Tahoe went on to win 3-2.
"That was probably the best game (Loftis) has pitched for us this season," said head coach Starbuck Teevan. "Our defense was outstanding. We made every routine play. That was what kept the game close."
Paul Hoeffer and Aaron Pfister both got on base after being hit by a pitch which each led to a run.
Dominic Diana had a two-run double and RJ Rivera had the third RBI on his only hit of the day.
The Vikings had just six hits on the game. Kolby Eymann went 2-for-4.
The 14-9 Vikings travel to Spring Creek on Friday for a three-game series.
"We're happy with the win. It's just one step closer to where we want to be," Teevan said. "We hope to win the series (against Spring Creek) and get into good position for the playoffs."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Big BMX qualifier
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- New university center to bring more 4-year degrees to Lake Tahoe Community College