Vikings, Warriors compete in Reno
November 5, 2013
The South Tahoe girls cross country team competed in the NIAA Northern Region Cross Country Division I-A Girls 5K Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park in Reno, Nev.
Cara Filce, Karley Martinez and Riley Rettig were South Tahoe's top finishers. Each qualified individually for the state meet, Filce in 22:16, Martinez in 22:36 and Rettig in 22:45.
The team finished fourth overall, one spot away from qualifying as a team for the state meet, with an average time of 23:01.
No Whittell girls qualified in the Division III/IV Girls 5K.
Whittell and South Tahoe boys competed in regional meet over the weekend.
Whittell's Cole Snyder qualified individually in 18:42 in the Division III/IV Boys 5K. Whittell finished seventh overall.
South Tahoe's Harley Norton and Orion Maxwell qualified individually in the Division I-A Boys 5K, Norton in 17:52 and Maxwell in 18:26. South Tahoe finished fifth overall.
The state championship meet takes place Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer reveals 2016 recruiting class, looks to build with talented, versatile group
- South Tahoe All-Stars swept at Babe Ruth 14-year-old regional tournament
- South Tahoe Futbol Club U-18 Hawks, U-12 Tough girls soccer teams deliver championships at Come Up For Air
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Sierra homeowners are losing coverage because of surrounding brush, trees
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday