Vikings, Warriors compete in Reno
November 5, 2013
The South Tahoe girls cross country team competed in the NIAA Northern Region Cross Country Division I-A Girls 5K Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park in Reno, Nev.
Cara Filce, Karley Martinez and Riley Rettig were South Tahoe's top finishers. Each qualified individually for the state meet, Filce in 22:16, Martinez in 22:36 and Rettig in 22:45.
The team finished fourth overall, one spot away from qualifying as a team for the state meet, with an average time of 23:01.
No Whittell girls qualified in the Division III/IV Girls 5K.
Whittell and South Tahoe boys competed in regional meet over the weekend.
Whittell's Cole Snyder qualified individually in 18:42 in the Division III/IV Boys 5K. Whittell finished seventh overall.
South Tahoe's Harley Norton and Orion Maxwell qualified individually in the Division I-A Boys 5K, Norton in 17:52 and Maxwell in 18:26. South Tahoe finished fifth overall.
The state championship meet takes place Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- 2 found dead in plane wreckage under snow in California
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- Motorist airlifted to hospital after going over side of Kingsbury Grade