Vikings, Warriors compete in Reno
November 5, 2013
The South Tahoe girls cross country team competed in the NIAA Northern Region Cross Country Division I-A Girls 5K Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park in Reno, Nev.
Cara Filce, Karley Martinez and Riley Rettig were South Tahoe’s top finishers. Each qualified individually for the state meet, Filce in 22:16, Martinez in 22:36 and Rettig in 22:45.
The team finished fourth overall, one spot away from qualifying as a team for the state meet, with an average time of 23:01.
No Whittell girls qualified in the Division III/IV Girls 5K.
Whittell and South Tahoe boys competed in regional meet over the weekend.
Whittell’s Cole Snyder qualified individually in 18:42 in the Division III/IV Boys 5K. Whittell finished seventh overall.
South Tahoe’s Harley Norton and Orion Maxwell qualified individually in the Division I-A Boys 5K, Norton in 17:52 and Maxwell in 18:26. South Tahoe finished fifth overall.
The state championship meet takes place Saturday at Rancho San Rafael Park.
Trending In: Local Sports
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football flattens Fernley 36-8 in home opener, Galli shines in first varsity start
- Spring ball: South Lake Tahoe youth team competes in Excel Athletics tackle football league
- South Tahoe volleyball aims for smooth transition under new head coach Racca
- South Tahoe girls golf hosts tournament at Lake Tahoe Golf Course, finishes 5th