Warriors awaken, top White Pine 6-1
April 1, 2013
Southpaw Cody Gibson returned to form and Whittell's bats broke loose for a 6-1 victory over White Pine on Friday afternoon.
The win earned the Warriors a split in the Battle Mountain Crossover Tourney. Gibby was in control on the knoll, allowing a single earned run, striking out nine and walking none. The Warriors played errorless ball behind him.
Hitting stars included Matt Elliott, who smacked a triple, Robbie Poet who garnered two hits, and Quinn Kixmiller who also hit safely. Alex Barnes "wore" one for the team, getting hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to force in a run.
The win over the Bobcats puts Whittell at 5-8, matching their win total for all of last season.
UP NEXT: Whittell will be in Covina, Calif., for a Northview High School tournament Monday through Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- South Tahoe track athlete commits to San Diego State University
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys