Warriors awaken, top White Pine 6-1
April 1, 2013
Southpaw Cody Gibson returned to form and Whittell's bats broke loose for a 6-1 victory over White Pine on Friday afternoon.
The win earned the Warriors a split in the Battle Mountain Crossover Tourney. Gibby was in control on the knoll, allowing a single earned run, striking out nine and walking none. The Warriors played errorless ball behind him.
Hitting stars included Matt Elliott, who smacked a triple, Robbie Poet who garnered two hits, and Quinn Kixmiller who also hit safely. Alex Barnes "wore" one for the team, getting hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to force in a run.
The win over the Bobcats puts Whittell at 5-8, matching their win total for all of last season.
UP NEXT: Whittell will be in Covina, Calif., for a Northview High School tournament Monday through Thursday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Tang sisters medal in state championships
- Junior Giants brings free baseball program to South Shore; registration opens March 16
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- South Tahoe spring football undefeated in Excel Athletics prep
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Boaters leaving Lake Tahoe must remove drain plug
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- South Lake Brewing Company celebrates grand opening (photos)
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade