Warriors awaken, top White Pine 6-1
April 1, 2013
Southpaw Cody Gibson returned to form and Whittell's bats broke loose for a 6-1 victory over White Pine on Friday afternoon.
The win earned the Warriors a split in the Battle Mountain Crossover Tourney. Gibby was in control on the knoll, allowing a single earned run, striking out nine and walking none. The Warriors played errorless ball behind him.
Hitting stars included Matt Elliott, who smacked a triple, Robbie Poet who garnered two hits, and Quinn Kixmiller who also hit safely. Alex Barnes "wore" one for the team, getting hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to force in a run.
The win over the Bobcats puts Whittell at 5-8, matching their win total for all of last season.
UP NEXT: Whittell will be in Covina, Calif., for a Northview High School tournament Monday through Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Lake Tahoe CC men’s soccer aims to build with quality in first recruiting class under Arbelaez
- South Lake Tahoe Recreation hosts Pickleball open house Saturday
- South Tahoe spring football undefeated in Excel Athletics prep
- 2013 Banked Slalom Results
- Elevation Elite travel basketball program tips off in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning