Warriors rewriting season
October 15, 2013
The Sierra Lutheran match wasn't Whittell's strongest, but a win is a win and the Warriors will take it.
The Whittell volleyball team improved to 8-3 in league with a win against Sierra Lutheran Friday and the record makes the Warriors a strong candidate for playoff contention. The top four teams will go.
Last time these two teams met, Whittell beat Sierra Lutheran in four games. This time the girls won the match in three straight games 25-17, 25-14 and 25-16.
Maggie Dean contributed five service points, and Kelsey Kjer added nine service points.
Lizzie Anderson delivered 13 service points with three aces.
Zoe Bertz blasted 12 service points, one ace and nine kills.
Tori Jimenez notched six kills.
Hailey Elliott recorded 10 service points and 10 assists.
UP NEXT: The girls played Coleville Tuesday and will host Mineral County at 11 a.m. Saturday in conjunction with Whittell's 1 p.m. homecoming game.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- Large Tahoe turnout for Burton Creek Trail Run
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- American Century Championship reveals 2016 lineup; celebrity golf tournament returns to Edgewood Tahoe in July