Warriors rewriting season
October 15, 2013
The Sierra Lutheran match wasn’t Whittell’s strongest, but a win is a win and the Warriors will take it.
The Whittell volleyball team improved to 8-3 in league with a win against Sierra Lutheran Friday and the record makes the Warriors a strong candidate for playoff contention. The top four teams will go.
Last time these two teams met, Whittell beat Sierra Lutheran in four games. This time the girls won the match in three straight games 25-17, 25-14 and 25-16.
Maggie Dean contributed five service points, and Kelsey Kjer added nine service points.
Lizzie Anderson delivered 13 service points with three aces.
Zoe Bertz blasted 12 service points, one ace and nine kills.
Tori Jimenez notched six kills.
Hailey Elliott recorded 10 service points and 10 assists.
UP NEXT: The girls played Coleville Tuesday and will host Mineral County at 11 a.m. Saturday in conjunction with Whittell’s 1 p.m. homecoming game.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Community rallies around wrestling coach
- Doubles time: Record turnout brings high level of competition to 33rd annual Tahoe Tennis Classic
- Fallon ends South Tahoe’s baseball season at state tournament
- South Tahoe FC U-18 Hawks, U-13 Storm girls soccer teams deliver titles at Sagebrush Start-Up
- South Tahoe tennis | Viking boys push for state