Warriors start league play strong
Ryan Summerlin September 17, 2013
The Warriors rolled into Eastern Nevada with authority this past weekend.
The Whittell girls soccer team picked up its first two league wins against West Wendover 10-0 and White Pine 4-0 on Friday and Saturday. The girls are now 2-0 in league and 3-0 overall.
Whittell climbed out to a 6-0 lead in the first half of Friday’s game against West Wendover and cemented the win with four more goals in the second.
Sophomore Katherine Krolicki and freshmen Gigi Stetler led the offense with two goals apiece. Alison Copsy, Mikayla Warner, Gianna Miller, Jenny Shepack, Casey Huber and Sabrina Trachsel also contributed goals to the onslaught.
Stetler and Copsy each contributed two assists. Gisselle Benitez, Caroline Krolicki, Madison Idso and Shepack also contributed assists.
Goalkeepers Brittany Boulet and Kendal Ferris preserved the shutout, each recording one save.
The Warriors’ 4-0 game against White Pine on Saturday was a tighter battle. Boulet was put to work in the goal, but in the end she saved three to record another shutout.
Shepack gave the Warriors the winning edge with a hat track. She has now netted six in three games. She also added an assist to Copsy’s goal.
Katherine Krolicki, Copsy and Benitez also added assists. Copsy has recorded four assists in three games.
UP NEXT: The girls will play Battle Mountain and Lovelock on the road this weekend.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Success in strength: New Viking Strength and Conditioning Center offers cutting-edge tool for South Tahoe athletics
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M