Warriors test speed of Warpath
September 10, 2013
Splashing and squealing through thigh-high muddy waters, cross-country runners charged along the Warrior Warpath to kick off the cross-country season on Friday.
The Whittell cross-country team has eight runners this year. With only three returners and no seniors, the Warriors are a relatively new and young team. Juniors Aisha Ceron and Rudy Mata, along with sophomore Gabe Rusk, make up the veteran contingency.
Ceron was the only runner who charged through the varsity course on Friday.
"I'm very pleased with how hard she's working," head coach Lindsay Wines said.
Freshmen Scott Harrison and Cole Snyder may be rookies, but they showed off some speed on the JV course Friday. Wines said she expects to see big things from the two down the road.
Junior transfer students Keatzia Aldana and Gisele Aldana were also out tearing up the cross-country trail with the Warriors.
Junior Kate Plaszowiecka rounds out the cross-country team, but was sideline with an injury at Friday's meet.
UP NEXT: The Warriors will travel to North Tahoe High School for the next meet on Friday.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- 2013 Banked Slalom Results
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Community rallies around wrestling coach
- Vail Resorts extends ski season at Lake Tahoe resorts
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm winds down after dumping 2 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Drivers unlikely to be reimbursed for pothole damage