Whittell bats prevail over North Tahoe
April 17, 2014
Kendall Ferris hit a grand slam in the fourth inning of Whittell softball's 15-3 trouncing of North Tahoe in five innings on Wednesday.
"All in all, it was very good," said head coach Dave Galicia. "Base running was better and overall, I was happy with how everyone played."
Kelsey Kjer pitched all five innings and kept a no-hitter through three.
"I was really happy with the defensive rotation. (North Tahoe) tried bunting and we really had it down," Galicia said. "(Maggie) Dean had a really good day at third base. A lot of recovering bunts came on her."
The Lady Vikings sent 11 batters up to the plate in the first inning en route to take a 5-0 lead.
Ferris went 3-for-4 in the game.
"I really have to tip my hat to (Ferris)," said Galicia.
Liz Anderson went 4-for-4 and Gianna Miller went 3-for-4 on the day with a walk.
The win brings the Lady Warriors record to 5-4 in the league and 9-5 overall. The team will travel to Eureka, Nev., Friday to take on the 10-1 Lady Vandals.
"We expect this doubleheader to be a tough one. We need to bring out (our) A-game," Galicia said.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Fresno man falls to his death at Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- At 80 years young, Lake Tahoe man is Heavenly Mountain Resort ski instructor
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain