Whittell boys hosting dinner
March 14, 2014
The Whittell boys basketball team is holding a celebration dinner after their most successful season ever.
The Warriors, led by head coach Phil Bryant and assistant coach Matt Bryant, beat league rival Virginia City 53-48 to win their first state championship and ended their season 25-4 overall and 13-1 IV Northern League.
This dinner is to honor the team, as well as everyone involved in their success including parents, teachers, students and fans. The price of dinner is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
The event will take place at the Lake Tahoe Resort, formerly the Embassy Suites, 5:30-7:30 p.m. March 21.
For more information and to RSVP contact Dana Buchholz at 775-726-3611.
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe football flattens Fernley 36-8 in home opener, Galli shines in first varsity start
- South Tahoe softball takes series from Elko, delivers first wins of season
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- McLaughlin steps away from the court after two decades coaching volleyball at South Tahoe, Whittell