Whittell boys hosting dinner
March 14, 2014
The Whittell boys basketball team is holding a celebration dinner after their most successful season ever.
The Warriors, led by head coach Phil Bryant and assistant coach Matt Bryant, beat league rival Virginia City 53-48 to win their first state championship and ended their season 25-4 overall and 13-1 IV Northern League.
This dinner is to honor the team, as well as everyone involved in their success including parents, teachers, students and fans. The price of dinner is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
The event will take place at the Lake Tahoe Resort, formerly the Embassy Suites, 5:30-7:30 p.m. March 21.
For more information and to RSVP contact Dana Buchholz at 775-726-3611.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local Sports
- South Tahoe All-Stars run table in Babe Ruth 14-year-old Nevada tournament, claim state championship
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- State champions: South Tahoe All-Stars beat Summerlin North, claim Little League Intermediate 50/70 Division Nevada crown
- A’s win South Tahoe Babe Ruth championship, beat Angels 14-2 in winner-take-all title game
- Beach volleyball tourney to hit Zephyr Cove
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Chamber debuts South Shore Beer Trail