Williamson makes state run
September 20, 2013
1. Lowry 366
2. Elko 398
3. Fernley 408
4. Spring Creek 441
5. South Tahoe 470
6. Fallon 474
7. Dayton 508
8. Sparks n/s
9. Truckee n/s
South Tahoe Results
Ayden Williamson 98
Emily Aminian 118
Katie Sears 122
Courtney Cromwell 132
South Tahoe slipped into fifth place, and Lowry continued its tear with home course advantage.
The Lowry girls golf team won its home tournament on Thursday, shooting a 366. Elko claimed second (398), Fernley third (408), Spring Creek fourth (441) and South Tahoe fifth (470).
"We were tied with Spring Creek for fourth place," head coach Greg Kuntz said," but they got us Wednesday on their home course, and then again (Thursday). So right now we're in fifth place."
Despite the team drop, senior Ayden Williamson made some moves in individual standings. She led the Vikings with 98.
"Ayden had a real nice two days," Kuntz said. "She solidified herself as a strong candidate for making state as an individual."
Golfers from the top three teams are all guaranteed a spot in state competition. The top five individuals outside those three schools win an individual bid to state. Williamson is among the frontrunners for that ticket.
Emily Aminian's 118 at the Lowry tournament was a huge step up from last year.
"A 41-stroke difference is pretty good," Kuntz said.
Katie Sears (122) and Courtney Cromwell (132) rounded out the Vikings' scores on their way to fifth place.
UP NEXT: South Tahoe will travel to Sparks on Wednesday and Truckee on Thursday for the next two tournaments.
Trending In: Local Sports
- Beach battles: South Tahoe Beach Wrestling Championships return to Lakeview Commons for second edition, doubles in size
- Whittell advances to state tournament
- Spring ball: South Lake Tahoe youth team competes in Excel Athletics tackle football league
- Breaking the ice: South Lake Tahoe Vikings hockey delivers Northern California championship a decade in the making
- Community rallies around wrestling coach
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe
- Water managers may have to ‘spill’ water from Lake Tahoe