LTCC offering youth soccer camp
July 11, 2014
Lake Tahoe Community College is offering a weeklong soccer camp July 21-28.
The camp is led by LTCC’s professionally trained and certified collegiate soccer coach Ben Wade who brings over 18 years of coaching experience.
“This is my 18th season as a college head coach and I’ve been doing camps for all 18 seasons,” Wade said. ““I’ve been doing it long enough to know that we’ve got to make it fun, but at the same time informational and we want to make all these kids better.”
Wade will be assisted by international soccer player Josh Jibarndey, a current LTCC student and men’s team captain. Jibarndey grew up in England playing with some of the top club systems in the country. He started coaching at the age of 14 and has experience training players as young as 4 up to 18.
The camp is full day for ages 7 and older starting a 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. Players 6 and under start at 9 a.m. and end at noon. The camp is designed for players to improve and strengthen their soccer skills as well as learn about nutrition, weight training and video analysis from recent World Cup games. Soccer training takes place at the community play fields at the LTCC campus and campers will have access to the school weight room.
Campers will also have beach time that incorporates running drills, water workouts and games.
Registration fee is $125 for ages 6 and under and $199 for 7 and older. Visit http://www.ltcc/communityeducation.com to sign up.
Trending In: Sports
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Mac the Naw: Still plenty of options for late-season fishing, including Lake Tahoe
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe supporters of Standing Rock host benefit concert; Washoe elders to speak
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region