LTCC offering youth soccer camp
Ryan Summerlin July 11, 2014
Lake Tahoe Community College is offering a weeklong soccer camp July 21-28.
The camp is led by LTCC’s professionally trained and certified collegiate soccer coach Ben Wade who brings over 18 years of coaching experience.
“This is my 18th season as a college head coach and I’ve been doing camps for all 18 seasons,” Wade said. ““I’ve been doing it long enough to know that we’ve got to make it fun, but at the same time informational and we want to make all these kids better.”
Wade will be assisted by international soccer player Josh Jibarndey, a current LTCC student and men’s team captain. Jibarndey grew up in England playing with some of the top club systems in the country. He started coaching at the age of 14 and has experience training players as young as 4 up to 18.
The camp is full day for ages 7 and older starting a 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. Players 6 and under start at 9 a.m. and end at noon. The camp is designed for players to improve and strengthen their soccer skills as well as learn about nutrition, weight training and video analysis from recent World Cup games. Soccer training takes place at the community play fields at the LTCC campus and campers will have access to the school weight room.
Campers will also have beach time that incorporates running drills, water workouts and games.
Registration fee is $125 for ages 6 and under and $199 for 7 and older. Visit www.ltcc/communityeducation.com to sign up.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Tahoe volleyball hangs with league leading Truckee, falls in four sets
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species