MMA at the Lake IV
May 24, 2013
Bout weight Blue Corner Red Corner
170 pounds Ronnie Weidt (0-1) Robert Snow (0-0)
Carnage MMA Yuba City Boxing MMA
Sacramento, CA Yuba City, CA
155 pounds William Massey (0-0) Josh Wilbar (0-2)
Reno, NV As Boxing
185 pounds Aaron Hamilton (3-5) Sean Nelson (3-3)
Stockton, CA Yuba City
135 pounds Chris Nolasco (1-1) Maximillan Gardner
Sacramento, CA Team LMB
215 pounds Erik Hernandez (3-2) Chad Kelly (2-3)
Carnage MMA Elko, NV
155 pounds Sammy Nolasco (2-1) Melvin Washington (5-1)
Sacramento, CA 9 Diamond Fight Team
Heavy weight Ronald Das II Charles Dilks (1-0)
South Lake Tahoe Carson City, NV
215 pounds Jared Christiansen (3-0) Matt Brumer (3-0)
Reno, NV 9 Diamond Fight Team
What: 10 MMA bouts
Where: Montbleu Resort Theater
When: Doors open at 8 p.m.
How Much: General admission is $25 plus tax/fees, ringside is $50.
Audience: All ages are welcome
Mixed Martial Arts returns to South Shore on Sunday, and eight adrenaline-filled fights will make this a Memorial Day weekend to remember.
The WFC World Fighting Championships will present MMA at the Lake IV featuring eight amateur MMA fights at Montbleu Resort, Casino & Spa. Doors open at 8 p.m., and the fights will start at 9 p.m. The fights will showcase the up-and-coming talent of local and regional amateur MMA fighters.
South Tahoe fighter Ronald Das II will make his MMA debut against Carson City fighter Charles Dilks (1-0) in the heavy weight bout preceding the main event.
In the headline fight, undefeated fighters Jared Christiansen (3-0), out of Reno, and Matt Brumer (3-0), of 9 Diamond Fight Team, will meet in a 215-pound bout.
Brumer won his last fight by TKO 20 seconds into the first round. The fight before that he won 52 seconds into the first round by submission strikes.
Other than his undefeated status, Christiansen is a bit of an unknown. He defeated a fighter named HJ Bishop by TKO in Round 1 during one of his victories.
“We are excited about the our fourth installment of MMA at the Lake. We are fortunate to have the tremendous support of not only Montbleu, but the local community,” WFC promoter Matt McGovern said.
General admission tickets costs $25 and ringside tickets cost $50. Tickets are available now through Montbleuresort.com, http://www.cagetix.com or by calling 1-888-829-7630. The show is open to spectators of all ages.
For more information visit the WFC at Worldfightingchampionships.com or Facebook.com/worldfightingchampionships.
Trending In: Sports
- Mac the Naw: Still plenty of options for late-season fishing, including Lake Tahoe
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- South Tahoe boys b-ball aims to contend for league title in 2016-17 season behind talent and experience
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer
- Free pet adoptions at El Dorado County animal shelters during December
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region