Murray wins 4th straight LTGC club title
Ryan Summerlin August 28, 2014
Lake Tahoe Golf Course held its annual Club Championship Saturday, Aug. 23 and Sunday, Aug. 24 — and for the fourth straight year John Murray won the title. Eleven golfers played two rounds at the tournament, and Murray his fourth championship in a row with an 8-over-par 150.
Murray shot a 74 on Saturday and carded a 76 on Sunday en route to capturing the championship by six strokes. With nine holes remaining, he was in third place and two shots behind the leader before shooting an even-par 35 on the back nine to rally for victory.
Results from the tournament:
1. John Murray +8 (150), 2. John Sattler +14 (156), 3. Ted Jackson +17 (159), 4. David Probert +23 (165), 5. Christopher Lauer +25 (167), 6. Fritz Siegenthaler +30 (172), 7. Michael Uliana +32 (174), 8. Howard Juretschke +33 (175), 9. Thomas DeGuide +39 (181), 10. Robert Kay +40 (182), 11. Michael Bolen +45 (187)
Also participating: Roger Inouye, John Gooding, Norman Chung, Donald Mayer, Robert Bunting.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Sports Roundup: Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer wins non-conference finale, South Tahoe volleyball extends streak, Vikings boys soccer rallies for tie
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport