Murray wins 4th straight LTGC club title
August 28, 2014
Lake Tahoe Golf Course held its annual Club Championship Saturday, Aug. 23 and Sunday, Aug. 24 — and for the fourth straight year John Murray won the title. Eleven golfers played two rounds at the tournament, and Murray his fourth championship in a row with an 8-over-par 150.
Murray shot a 74 on Saturday and carded a 76 on Sunday en route to capturing the championship by six strokes. With nine holes remaining, he was in third place and two shots behind the leader before shooting an even-par 35 on the back nine to rally for victory.
Results from the tournament:
1. John Murray +8 (150), 2. John Sattler +14 (156), 3. Ted Jackson +17 (159), 4. David Probert +23 (165), 5. Christopher Lauer +25 (167), 6. Fritz Siegenthaler +30 (172), 7. Michael Uliana +32 (174), 8. Howard Juretschke +33 (175), 9. Thomas DeGuide +39 (181), 10. Robert Kay +40 (182), 11. Michael Bolen +45 (187)
Also participating: Roger Inouye, John Gooding, Norman Chung, Donald Mayer, Robert Bunting.
Trending In: Sports
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning