Murray wins 4th straight LTGC club title
August 28, 2014
Lake Tahoe Golf Course held its annual Club Championship Saturday, Aug. 23 and Sunday, Aug. 24 — and for the fourth straight year John Murray won the title. Eleven golfers played two rounds at the tournament, and Murray his fourth championship in a row with an 8-over-par 150.
Murray shot a 74 on Saturday and carded a 76 on Sunday en route to capturing the championship by six strokes. With nine holes remaining, he was in third place and two shots behind the leader before shooting an even-par 35 on the back nine to rally for victory.
Results from the tournament:
1. John Murray +8 (150), 2. John Sattler +14 (156), 3. Ted Jackson +17 (159), 4. David Probert +23 (165), 5. Christopher Lauer +25 (167), 6. Fritz Siegenthaler +30 (172), 7. Michael Uliana +32 (174), 8. Howard Juretschke +33 (175), 9. Thomas DeGuide +39 (181), 10. Robert Kay +40 (182), 11. Michael Bolen +45 (187)
Also participating: Roger Inouye, John Gooding, Norman Chung, Donald Mayer, Robert Bunting.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports