Nearly 11-pound mack wins Jake’s Derby
June 9, 2013
Jake’s 20th Annual Charity Fishing Derby was held on June 2 off the north shore of Lake Tahoe.
Frank Robinson of Incline Village and Captain Chris Wichman of Tahoe City, on Capt. Chris’ Fishing Charter, reeled in the winning mackinaw in 100 feet of water using 18-pound test lead core fishing line, 10-pound monofilament, and a J-plug lure. The fish, which weighed in at 10.84 pounds, was worth a $1,000 prize.
Travis Jones and Seth Williams hauled in the winning rainbow trout, a 5.48-pounder that paid out $250. They caught the fish at 10:45 a.m. using 6-pound test while top lining at an undisclosed location.
No one caught any German brown trout, which would have been worth a $500 prize.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Lake Tahoe’s South Shore ski resorts prep for powder, large crowds on Presidents Day weekend
- Update: Charter Communications services restored in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Weather: 4 to 8 inches of new snow; another atmospheric river expected Monday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week