Nearly 11-pound mack wins Jake’s Derby
June 9, 2013
Jake's 20th Annual Charity Fishing Derby was held on June 2 off the north shore of Lake Tahoe.
Frank Robinson of Incline Village and Captain Chris Wichman of Tahoe City, on Capt. Chris' Fishing Charter, reeled in the winning mackinaw in 100 feet of water using 18-pound test lead core fishing line, 10-pound monofilament, and a J-plug lure. The fish, which weighed in at 10.84 pounds, was worth a $1,000 prize.
Travis Jones and Seth Williams hauled in the winning rainbow trout, a 5.48-pounder that paid out $250. They caught the fish at 10:45 a.m. using 6-pound test while top lining at an undisclosed location.
No one caught any German brown trout, which would have been worth a $500 prize.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell football scores 104 in slugfest with Mineral County
- Lake Tahoe Community College women, men soccer teams both in national poll
- Tahoe MedWAR Challenge creating real life wilderness survival skills
- Whittell football hosts Mineral with playoffs in balance
- Vikings football eyes 3rd straight win against Dayton
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- The latest on California wildfires: Napa Valley school remain closed until Monday