New Sugar Bowl chairlift to access Strawberry Fields
June 21, 2013
NORDEN, Calif. — Sugar Bowl Resort will install a new chairlift this summer in an effort to improve access to advanced and expert terrain on the west side of the resort.
The Crow's Peak chairlift, a fixed-grip triple, will provide lift-serviced skiing and riding in the Strawberry Fields area of the mountain, just below the Crow's Nest Peak, according to a resort press release.
"Currently hike-to terrain accessed from the Disney Express Chair, the new Crow's Peak chair will greatly improve fall line skiing, increasing the overall terrain and vertical for skiers to enjoy," officials said.
The $3 million project was approved last week by the U.S. Forest Service; the lift will be ready for the 2013-14 ski season.
Sugar Bowl recently acquired Royal Gorge, North America's largest cross country ski resort. The Crow's Peak lift's bottom terminal will be located just above Royal Gorge's Van Norden Meadow, bringing the two resorts closer together.
At nearly 1,000 vertical feet, the lift will run to the top of Crow's Nest Peak, with the top terminal located just left of the peak. For more information, visit http://www.sugarbowl.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- DA releases new video in El Dorado County cold case
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- As Election Day nears, divided panel discusses road sales tax Measure C