Olympian attending local volleyball clinic
June 12, 2014
The Silver State Volleyball Club is hosting a defensive camp with Olympian Tamari Miyashiro.
Miyashiro is the cousin of Aven Lee, assistant coach at the University of Nevada, Reno and coach at Silver State Volleyball Club, and went to her about conducting a defensive clinic.
Miyashiro grew up in Hawaii and was named a Gatorade Player of the Year in High School, a 3-time All-American and 2-time defensive player of the year at the University of Washington. She started on the U.S.A. national team in 2010 and won a silver medal at the 2012 Olympics in London and a bronze at the Pan-Am games.
The camp will be held on Saturday, June 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Silver State Athletic Center at 5680 Morgan Mill Road in Carson City. The cost for the clinic is $50 for all sessions and more information can be found at http://www.silverstatevolleyball.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Community College to consider adding athletic programs
- South Tahoe football edged by Churchill
- Whittell transfers Galli and Moretti key to South Tahoe success on football field
- Vikings girls earn tie vs. defending state champ Truckee
- Nevada bear hunting season stirs strong emotions in Lake Tahoe Basin
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- Snow in September? Don’t worry, winter is not here yet
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Hidden painted rocks the latest craze sweeping across the South Shore