Olympian attending local volleyball clinic
June 12, 2014
The Silver State Volleyball Club is hosting a defensive camp with Olympian Tamari Miyashiro.
Miyashiro is the cousin of Aven Lee, assistant coach at the University of Nevada, Reno and coach at Silver State Volleyball Club, and went to her about conducting a defensive clinic.
Miyashiro grew up in Hawaii and was named a Gatorade Player of the Year in High School, a 3-time All-American and 2-time defensive player of the year at the University of Washington. She started on the U.S.A. national team in 2010 and won a silver medal at the 2012 Olympics in London and a bronze at the Pan-Am games.
The camp will be held on Saturday, June 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Silver State Athletic Center at 5680 Morgan Mill Road in Carson City. The cost for the clinic is $50 for all sessions and more information can be found at http://www.silverstatevolleyball.com.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe football edged by Truckee 21-20 in high-stakes Sierra Bowl
- South Tahoe girls soccer falls behind early, loses 3-2 to rival Truckee under the lights
- TAMBA’s Corral Night Ride brings costumed fun to South Shore trails Saturday
- Tahoe Mountain Milers’ Kokanee, Kirkwood Trail Runs offer challenging courses, benefit local community
- South Tahoe volleyball swept by Dayton at home (photos)