Olympian attending local volleyball clinic
June 12, 2014
The Silver State Volleyball Club is hosting a defensive camp with Olympian Tamari Miyashiro.
Miyashiro is the cousin of Aven Lee, assistant coach at the University of Nevada, Reno and coach at Silver State Volleyball Club, and went to her about conducting a defensive clinic.
Miyashiro grew up in Hawaii and was named a Gatorade Player of the Year in High School, a 3-time All-American and 2-time defensive player of the year at the University of Washington. She started on the U.S.A. national team in 2010 and won a silver medal at the 2012 Olympics in London and a bronze at the Pan-Am games.
The camp will be held on Saturday, June 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Silver State Athletic Center at 5680 Morgan Mill Road in Carson City. The cost for the clinic is $50 for all sessions and more information can be found at http://www.silverstatevolleyball.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- South Tahoe softball ends season at NIAA 3A regional tournament
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Lake Tahoe ascends as rock climbing destination
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- 2 found dead in plane wreckage under snow in California
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- Motorist airlifted to hospital after going over side of Kingsbury Grade