Ponderosa Ridge Run this Saturday
July 1, 2014
The 40th annual Ponderosa Ridge Run will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 5.
The 9.5 mile run starts at the Spooner Summit maintenance station and features 2,000 feet of vertical climbing through sand and rocks and offers views of Lake Tahoe. Aid is not available on the course, so runners must supply their own.
Finishers will receive a survivors ribbon and cold beverage.
Sign ups are the day of the race and a $2 donation is requested.
Transportation for the point to point run is not available for cars parked at the start.
Trending In: Sports
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- South Tahoe softball ends season at NIAA 3A regional tournament
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Girl power: South Tahoe track star Brosch, softball standout Conard ink with Division I programs during early signing period
- Tahoe Chamber CEO resigns after three months
- Elevation Eats: A ‘feast for the senses’ at MoonHouse Brewhouse
- ‘The epitome of Tahoe’ — family, friends to remember man killed in vehicle-vs-bicycle crash
- Reports: Wreckage of plane that left Truckee-Tahoe Airport found in Sierra County
- Lake Tahoe biking trails getting a makeover