Pop Warner Cheer Squads take top honors at Reno competition
November 3, 2009
South Tahoe Pop Warner cheer squads took top honors at the Sagebrush Cheer Competition in Reno on Oct. 24. The PeeWee and Junior PeeWee squads both took first place, while the Tiny Mites “put up an excellent performance,” said Chuck Leonard, president of the South Tahoe Pop Warner Football Association. Both of the upper squads will move on to the regional cheer competition Nov. 27-29 in Santa Clara.
If cheerleaders place well at the regional competition, they will move on to nationals in Florida on Dec. 4.
Donations are being accepted to help offset the costs of travel and accommodations. The cost of the regional competition is approximately $2,500 for both teams. The cost of taking a team to nationals is approximately $30,000, Leonard said.
Donations can be sent to South Tahoe Pop Warner, P.O. Box 14001, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96151. South Tahoe Pop Warner is a 501(c) nonprofit corporation.
For information call Leonard at (530) 314-9728 or Sarah Sheldon at (530) 318-2124.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- Solano forfeits Saturday match, Lake Tahoe Community College advances in playoffs
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- South Tahoe’s Sullivan signs with St. Mary’s College
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized