Reno 5k run to benefit homeless
April 15, 2014
A 5k run will take place Saturday to raise money and awareness for the homeless community in Reno.
The Race of Grace starts on the Knowledge Center lawn at the University of Nevada, Reno and makes a loop around campus ending back at the start.
Lauren Andrew, a Whittell High School graduate in her senior year at Nevada, is organizing the race to benefit Faces of Grace, a non-profit organization that aims to end homelessness in Reno and also provides food, clothing and hygiene supplies to the homeless. After working with the organization, Andrew needed an internship to graduate and wanted to do something to give back.
"I really wanted to do something to raise money for homeless and also help people who can give back to see more of the issue," Andrew said. "The two-fold is to help homeless and generate more awareness."
The race starts at 10 a.m. with registration around 9. Each participant pays a $15 entrance fee and can register online or the day of the race.
More information can be found on the website, http://www.raceofgrace5k.weebly.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Snowboarder from Connecticut dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- No timeframe for permanent fix to US 50 near Bridal Veil Falls
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- Vail Resorts extends ski season at Lake Tahoe resorts
- TRPA looks to free transit, shared-use pathways for traffic solutions in Lake Tahoe