Reno takes two of four from Tacoma
July 4, 2014
The Reno Aces visited Tacoma for a four game series against the Rainiers and earned a split after losing the finale Thursday night.
Charles Brewer returned to the mound after spending some time in Double-A Mobile and retired the first nine batters faced.
Reno took an early lead when Ronny Cedeno scored off a fielder's choice by Danny Dorn. That was the only run the Aces would see all night.
Brewer allowed three runs in the sixth inning before being replaced by Eury De La Rosa who would then allow one. That was enough to put Tacoma through to a 5-1 win. The fifth run came off a lead-off home run in the eighth by Tacoma's Abraham Almonte.
Brewer went 5.1 innings allowing three runs on five hits and striking out four.
Reno's offense failed to capitalize on any opportunities and went 1-10 with runners in scoring position and left 12 men on base throughout the game. Alfredo Marte and Dorn were the only two Aces players with multi-base hits, both doubles.
After a nine game road trip, the Aces return to Reno for a three game series against the Sacramento Rivercats starting Thursday and continuing through Sunday.
Reno has fallen to 2.5 games behind Sacramento in the standings with a 48-40 record.
Trending In: Sports
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- Lake Tahoe ascends as rock climbing destination
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- South Tahoe softball ends season at NIAA 3A regional tournament
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Lake Tahoe water board orders further study, cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- 2 found dead in plane wreckage under snow in California
- Ribaudo column: Housing in Tahoe — ‘like a bad toothache that doesn’t go away’
- Motorist airlifted to hospital after going over side of Kingsbury Grade