Reno takes two of four from Tacoma
July 4, 2014
The Reno Aces visited Tacoma for a four game series against the Rainiers and earned a split after losing the finale Thursday night.
Charles Brewer returned to the mound after spending some time in Double-A Mobile and retired the first nine batters faced.
Reno took an early lead when Ronny Cedeno scored off a fielder’s choice by Danny Dorn. That was the only run the Aces would see all night.
Brewer allowed three runs in the sixth inning before being replaced by Eury De La Rosa who would then allow one. That was enough to put Tacoma through to a 5-1 win. The fifth run came off a lead-off home run in the eighth by Tacoma’s Abraham Almonte.
Brewer went 5.1 innings allowing three runs on five hits and striking out four.
Reno’s offense failed to capitalize on any opportunities and went 1-10 with runners in scoring position and left 12 men on base throughout the game. Alfredo Marte and Dorn were the only two Aces players with multi-base hits, both doubles.
After a nine game road trip, the Aces return to Reno for a three game series against the Sacramento Rivercats starting Thursday and continuing through Sunday.
Reno has fallen to 2.5 games behind Sacramento in the standings with a 48-40 record.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer falls behind early, loses 3-2 to rival Truckee under the lights
- South Tahoe volleyball swept by Dayton at home (photos)
- South Tahoe football reigns over Elko, extends winning streak to six games
- Whittell football routes Mineral County 60-18, closes in on playoff spot
- Mark Rypien coping with family tragedy