S. Tahoe JV baseball takes two from Fernley
Ryan Summerlin April 22, 2014
South Tahoe’s JV baseball team continued its season up-swing Saturday by winning a doubleheader at Fernley.
“The No. 1 thing on my mind is, we played Fernley in our preseason tournament and they beat us 9-2,” said head coach Kevin Higgins. “We’re obviously very please with the result.”
The Vikings have now won eight of their last 11 after dropping six of their first seven games.
Moises Cuevas picked up a win as he pitched a complete seven innings giving up only six hits and striking out four as the Vikings went on to win game one 8-3.
Justin Cain got on base three times with two hits and a walk. Logan Brewer had four RBIs on four hits and Chaz Ross added two RBIs off a double, his only hit of the game.
Ross pitched a complete game with five strikeouts in the 11-4 victory in game two.
Josh Sullivan reached base all four of his plate appearances, going 3-for-3 and a walk. Logan Brewer went 3-5 with two RBIs. Caleb Russell and Ross each had two hits and Russell drove in three.
“We got our usual steady performance with (Cuevas) and Ross got his first start without giving up a hit,” Higgins said. “Logan Brewer continued to be our consistent bat. All the guys at the top of the order hit the ball well all day.”
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Tahoe volleyball hangs with league leading Truckee, falls in four sets
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species