S. Tahoe JV baseball takes two from Fernley
April 22, 2014
South Tahoe’s JV baseball team continued its season up-swing Saturday by winning a doubleheader at Fernley.
“The No. 1 thing on my mind is, we played Fernley in our preseason tournament and they beat us 9-2,” said head coach Kevin Higgins. “We’re obviously very please with the result.”
The Vikings have now won eight of their last 11 after dropping six of their first seven games.
Moises Cuevas picked up a win as he pitched a complete seven innings giving up only six hits and striking out four as the Vikings went on to win game one 8-3.
Justin Cain got on base three times with two hits and a walk. Logan Brewer had four RBIs on four hits and Chaz Ross added two RBIs off a double, his only hit of the game.
Ross pitched a complete game with five strikeouts in the 11-4 victory in game two.
Josh Sullivan reached base all four of his plate appearances, going 3-for-3 and a walk. Logan Brewer went 3-5 with two RBIs. Caleb Russell and Ross each had two hits and Russell drove in three.
“We got our usual steady performance with (Cuevas) and Ross got his first start without giving up a hit,” Higgins said. “Logan Brewer continued to be our consistent bat. All the guys at the top of the order hit the ball well all day.”
Trending In: Sports
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- On the rebound: South Tahoe girls b-ball looks to bounce back in 2016-17 season
- Warm up, cool down: Add a routine before and after a day on the mountain for a long, healthy season in the snow
- Whittell boys b-ball looks to continue the culture, defend state championship in 2016-17 season
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe supporters of Standing Rock host benefit concert; Washoe elders to speak
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- In the après-ski spirit: Spots to check out after skiing in the Tahoe Basin
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region