S. Tahoe JV baseball takes two from Fernley
April 22, 2014
South Tahoe's JV baseball team continued its season up-swing Saturday by winning a doubleheader at Fernley.
"The No. 1 thing on my mind is, we played Fernley in our preseason tournament and they beat us 9-2," said head coach Kevin Higgins. "We're obviously very please with the result."
The Vikings have now won eight of their last 11 after dropping six of their first seven games.
Moises Cuevas picked up a win as he pitched a complete seven innings giving up only six hits and striking out four as the Vikings went on to win game one 8-3.
Justin Cain got on base three times with two hits and a walk. Logan Brewer had four RBIs on four hits and Chaz Ross added two RBIs off a double, his only hit of the game.
Ross pitched a complete game with five strikeouts in the 11-4 victory in game two.
Josh Sullivan reached base all four of his plate appearances, going 3-for-3 and a walk. Logan Brewer went 3-5 with two RBIs. Caleb Russell and Ross each had two hits and Russell drove in three.
"We got our usual steady performance with (Cuevas) and Ross got his first start without giving up a hit," Higgins said. "Logan Brewer continued to be our consistent bat. All the guys at the top of the order hit the ball well all day."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite