Shaw leads South Shore golfers
Ryan Summerlin April 23, 2013
1. Lowry 391
2. Elko 427
3. Spring Creek 433
4. Dayton 457
5. Fernley 479
6. Whittell 492
7. South Tahoe 501
8. Sparks 508
9. Fallon 515
10. Truckee n/s
Connor Shaw 88, Tre Charrette 92, Kybur Oberhaus 101, Sam Burba 90, Sean Doyle 130.
Derek Werle 90, Steven Beelar 95, Anders Chaplin 107, Zoe Bertz 96, Colin Buchholz 104, Matt Davis 123.
Lowry continued to set a low-score benchmark at the Northern Division I-A golf tournament Thursday in Winnemucca, but South Tahoe’s Connor Shaw and Whittell’s Derek Heldt-Werle turned in standout scores among the South Shore golfers.
The Buckaroos finished with a combined score of 391, with their top five golfers individually shooting below an 85. Elk was second, shooting a 427 collectively, followed by Spring Creek (433), Dayton (457), Fernley (479), Whittell (492), South Tahoe (501), Sparks (508) and Fallon (515). Truckee did not have enough players to rank. South Tahoe is now ranked sixth overall in the overall Division IA standings.
Shaw again led South Tahoe for the second tournament in a row, firing a team low and a season low of 88. Sam Burba notched a 90, which is also a season low for the South Tahoe golfer. Tre Charrette turned in a 92 and another season low. Kybur Oberhaus fired a 101 and Sean Doyle added a season low 130.
For Whittell, Heldt-Werle recorded a 90, Steven Beelar a 95, Zoe Bertz a 96, Colin Buchholz a 104, Anders Chaplin a 107 and Matt Davis 123.
Home Tourney: South Tahoe will host a home tournament on Thursday, May 2, at Lake Tahoe golf course with a 1 p.m. shotgun start.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Belt brothers: Escobar Training Grounds fighters Church, Cocores win title fights at WFC 60
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Olympian Jamie Anderson disappointed with lack of female representation in Champions Plaza statue