Soccer teams have good showing
Ryan Summerlin March 11, 2014
Two South Tahoe Futbol Club (STFC) girls soccer teams fared well last weekend at the Bay Area’s Northern California Spring Showcase, hosted by Redwood City’s Juventus Soccer Club.
STFC’s Alliance Under-17 team won the Platinum division with a 4-0 record, not allowing a goal in its matches. The team, comprised of players from South Tahoe, Whittell, Douglas, Carson and Galena high schools, is led by Lake Tahoe Community College women’s soccer coach Chris DeLeon and South Tahoe High School coach Jeremy Evans.
STFC’s Hawks Under-15 team won the tournament’s Gold division following a 1-0 victory over the Santa Cruz Breakers in the championship game on Sunday. The Hawks, who outscored their opponents 8-3, went undefeated in three pool-play games before advancing to Sunday’s finals. The team is comprised mostly of South Tahoe High players but also is represented by Whittell, Douglas and Carson high schools. The team is coached by Mark Salmon, head JV coach at South Tahoe High School, assisted by Sarah Muskopf.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- Belt brothers: Escobar Training Grounds fighters Church, Cocores win title fights at WFC 60
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe volleyball hangs with league leading Truckee, falls in four sets
- South Tahoe tennis caps regular season, boys finish undefeated