Soccer teams have good showing
March 11, 2014
Two South Tahoe Futbol Club (STFC) girls soccer teams fared well last weekend at the Bay Area's Northern California Spring Showcase, hosted by Redwood City's Juventus Soccer Club.
STFC's Alliance Under-17 team won the Platinum division with a 4-0 record, not allowing a goal in its matches. The team, comprised of players from South Tahoe, Whittell, Douglas, Carson and Galena high schools, is led by Lake Tahoe Community College women's soccer coach Chris DeLeon and South Tahoe High School coach Jeremy Evans.
STFC's Hawks Under-15 team won the tournament's Gold division following a 1-0 victory over the Santa Cruz Breakers in the championship game on Sunday. The Hawks, who outscored their opponents 8-3, went undefeated in three pool-play games before advancing to Sunday's finals. The team is comprised mostly of South Tahoe High players but also is represented by Whittell, Douglas and Carson high schools. The team is coached by Mark Salmon, head JV coach at South Tahoe High School, assisted by Sarah Muskopf.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports