South Tahoe JV football edges El Dorado 22-21
September 3, 2014
The South Tahoe JV football team opened its season with a thrilling victory on Friday night.
The Vikings edged El Dorado (Placerville) 22-21, prevailing when the Cougars missed a 28-yard field goal as time expired.
South Tahoe (1-0) scored the go-ahead touchdown with 8:59 left in the fourth quarter on a 6-yard run from Dylan Gooding.
The extra point put the Vikings ahead by one, and their defense stopped El Dorado twice in the last eight minutes to secure the narrow victory.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe wrestling enters 2016-17 season full of confidence, led by defending state champion Herrera
- South Tahoe boys b-ball runs past Fernley 72-53, wins 3A Northern League debut
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe, Whittell basketball teams hit the court for preseason tournaments
- South Tahoe boys b-ball aims to contend for league title in 2016-17 season behind talent and experience
- South Tahoe girls b-ball comes up just short against Fernley, falls 44-42 in league opener
- 2-3 tires a day pierced by ‘ninja caltrops’ in South Lake
- South Lake Tahoe apartment complex fire causes $250,000 in damage
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Number of ski resort fatalities uncertain due to lack of data, oversight