South Tahoe JV football edges El Dorado 22-21
September 3, 2014
The South Tahoe JV football team opened its season with a thrilling victory on Friday night.
The Vikings edged El Dorado (Placerville) 22-21, prevailing when the Cougars missed a 28-yard field goal as time expired.
South Tahoe (1-0) scored the go-ahead touchdown with 8:59 left in the fourth quarter on a 6-yard run from Dylan Gooding.
The extra point put the Vikings ahead by one, and their defense stopped El Dorado twice in the last eight minutes to secure the narrow victory.
Trending In: Sports
- Fresno man falls to his death at Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- At 80 years young, Lake Tahoe man is Heavenly Mountain Resort ski instructor
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain