South Tahoe JV football edges El Dorado 22-21
Ryan Summerlin September 3, 2014
The South Tahoe JV football team opened its season with a thrilling victory on Friday night.
The Vikings edged El Dorado (Placerville) 22-21, prevailing when the Cougars missed a 28-yard field goal as time expired.
South Tahoe (1-0) scored the go-ahead touchdown with 8:59 left in the fourth quarter on a 6-yard run from Dylan Gooding.
The extra point put the Vikings ahead by one, and their defense stopped El Dorado twice in the last eight minutes to secure the narrow victory.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- Sports Roundup: Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer wins non-conference finale, South Tahoe volleyball extends streak, Vikings boys soccer rallies for tie
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M