South Tahoe JV football edges El Dorado 22-21
September 3, 2014
The South Tahoe JV football team opened its season with a thrilling victory on Friday night.
The Vikings edged El Dorado (Placerville) 22-21, prevailing when the Cougars missed a 28-yard field goal as time expired.
South Tahoe (1-0) scored the go-ahead touchdown with 8:59 left in the fourth quarter on a 6-yard run from Dylan Gooding.
The extra point put the Vikings ahead by one, and their defense stopped El Dorado twice in the last eight minutes to secure the narrow victory.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe gearing up for American Century Championship celebrity golf
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring