South Tahoe Little League opens district tournament
Ryan Summerlin June 26, 2014
CARSON CITY — The South Tahoe Little League 10-11 year old All-Stars took on Truckee Wednesday night to open the District I All-Star Tournament in a slugfest that lasted two and a half hours.
Travis Lee, Jaden Aquino, Kyle Clark and Cameron Lehmann combined for six innings as South Tahoe lost 13-9.
“We had a fantastic effort. Truckee was a super opponent,” said head coach Mark Lehmann.
The game was tied 5-5 going into the bottom of the fifth inning when Clark stole home to take a 6-5 lead. Truckee answered with eight in the top of the sixth.
Tahoe scored three in the bottom of the inning, but the comeback fell short.
“They took advantage of some mistakes by us and was lucky enough to score eight,” Lehmann said. “We came back in that same inning and scored three, had runners on, they made some nice plays and we were close.”
With the loss, South Tahoe moves into the losers bracket of the double-elimination tournament and plays at 8 p.m. Friday at Governors Field in Carson City.
“It was a fantastic effort by all our kids, we’re really proud of them. Hats off to Truckee, they played a nice game,” Lehmann said.
South Tahoe’s 12-year-old All-Star team opens its tournament Sunday night at 7:30. The 9-10 team opened play Thursday night.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- Sports Roundup: Lake Tahoe CC women’s soccer wins non-conference finale, South Tahoe volleyball extends streak, Vikings boys soccer rallies for tie
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: BEAR League board member says, ‘We are not making this up’
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- My view: Nevada vs. California mentality undermines community (opinion)