South Tahoe Little League opens district tournament
June 26, 2014
CARSON CITY — The South Tahoe Little League 10-11 year old All-Stars took on Truckee Wednesday night to open the District I All-Star Tournament in a slugfest that lasted two and a half hours.
Travis Lee, Jaden Aquino, Kyle Clark and Cameron Lehmann combined for six innings as South Tahoe lost 13-9.
"We had a fantastic effort. Truckee was a super opponent," said head coach Mark Lehmann.
The game was tied 5-5 going into the bottom of the fifth inning when Clark stole home to take a 6-5 lead. Truckee answered with eight in the top of the sixth.
Tahoe scored three in the bottom of the inning, but the comeback fell short.
"They took advantage of some mistakes by us and was lucky enough to score eight," Lehmann said. "We came back in that same inning and scored three, had runners on, they made some nice plays and we were close."
With the loss, South Tahoe moves into the losers bracket of the double-elimination tournament and plays at 8 p.m. Friday at Governors Field in Carson City.
"It was a fantastic effort by all our kids, we're really proud of them. Hats off to Truckee, they played a nice game," Lehmann said.
South Tahoe's 12-year-old All-Star team opens its tournament Sunday night at 7:30. The 9-10 team opened play Thursday night.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports