South Tahoe Little League opens district tournament
June 26, 2014
CARSON CITY — The South Tahoe Little League 10-11 year old All-Stars took on Truckee Wednesday night to open the District I All-Star Tournament in a slugfest that lasted two and a half hours.
Travis Lee, Jaden Aquino, Kyle Clark and Cameron Lehmann combined for six innings as South Tahoe lost 13-9.
"We had a fantastic effort. Truckee was a super opponent," said head coach Mark Lehmann.
The game was tied 5-5 going into the bottom of the fifth inning when Clark stole home to take a 6-5 lead. Truckee answered with eight in the top of the sixth.
Tahoe scored three in the bottom of the inning, but the comeback fell short.
"They took advantage of some mistakes by us and was lucky enough to score eight," Lehmann said. "We came back in that same inning and scored three, had runners on, they made some nice plays and we were close."
With the loss, South Tahoe moves into the losers bracket of the double-elimination tournament and plays at 8 p.m. Friday at Governors Field in Carson City.
"It was a fantastic effort by all our kids, we're really proud of them. Hats off to Truckee, they played a nice game," Lehmann said.
South Tahoe's 12-year-old All-Star team opens its tournament Sunday night at 7:30. The 9-10 team opened play Thursday night.
Trending In: Sports
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning