South Tahoe tennis players eliminated in state quarterfinals
October 28, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Similar to their Northern Region counterparts, South Tahoe's state qualifiers found things difficult at the NIAA Div. I-A State Tennis Championships last weekend at Tahoe Donner Tennis Center. None of the Vikings' qualifiers advanced past the quarterfinals in a tournament dominated by players from the south.
Northern Region players and teams won one out of 12 quarterfinal matchups on Friday in boys singles, girls singles and girls doubles combined. The lone win was a default victory by Truckee's Aimee LeGrandeur in girls singles — LeGrandeur lost 0-6, 0-6 in the next round.
Boys doubles was the only bracket where the Southern Region found success. Its teams won three out of four matches in the quarterfinals, and top-seeded Miles Prim and Cole Steinberg of Incline finished as co-champions with a team from Clark (Las Vegas.
In boys singles, third-seeded Adam Jarrett had the most success of South Tahoe's five state qualifiers — he lost to sixth-seeded Ainsley Osawa of Western (Las Vegas) 3-6, 2-6. Top-seeded Louis Marin fell to eighth-seeded Kevin Chau of The Meadows (Las Vegas) 1-6, 1-6 and fifth-seeded Hawley Jarrett lost to fourth-seeded Eric Clark of Spring Valley (Las Vegas) 0-6, 0-6.
In girls singles, third-seeded Kylee Lyons lost to sixth-seeded Anuja Daulat (The Meadows) 0-6, 1-6. In girls doubles, the third-seeded team of Natalie Allen and Catherine Baghdikian lost to sixth-seeded Jayden Mattson and Michelle Reiss from Faith Lutheran (Las Vegas) 1-6, 1-6.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Die-hard skiers and riders turn out for opening day at Kirkwood Mountain (videos)
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- Northstar California Resort cancels Thanksgiving Day opener
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)