Spring tennis for all ages
May 21, 2013
Spring tennis is in full swing, and Tahoe Tennis Academy coach Justin Clark is offering clinics, classes and tournaments for all ages.
For the youth, a two-week clinic for grades four through seven is held every Monday and Wednesday from 3:45 to 5:30 p.m. Grades eight through 12 play every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:45 to 5:30 p.m. Tournaments for all grades will be played Saturdays from noon to 2 p.m. at South Tahoe High School.
“Anyone thinking about playing tennis in high school should sign up,” Clark said.
Registration costs $50 for each two-week clinic and the clinics run through June 16. There is a discount of $25 for families who sign up two or more players. The tennis academy also has demo racquets available for use.
The summer tennis clinics will begin on June 17.
For adults, the academy offers Match Play Saturdays. These are competitive and social co-ed open singles and doubles ladders. Singles ladders are played on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon at South Tahoe High School. Doubles are played from 2 to 4 p.m. also on Saturdays at the South Tahoe High School. Drops ins are encouraged and there is a $5 entry fee. The money will go to the Lake Tahoe Unified School District tennis funds.
The South Tahoe High School courts are open to the public from noon to 6 p.m. on Sundays.
The South Tahoe Middle School tennis courts are also in the process of being resurfaced.
For more information check out http://www.justinclark.usptapro.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- South Tahoe boys b-ball aims to contend for league title in 2016-17 season behind talent and experience
- Whittell boys b-ball looks to continue the culture, defend state championship in 2016-17 season
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Warm up, cool down: Add a routine before and after a day on the mountain for a long, healthy season in the snow
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe food tampering suspect caught shoplifting dog food at Raley’s last summer
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region
- Police seeking suspect in purse thefts at Stateline casinos