South Tahoe High School baseball players recognized
June 7, 2017
Four South Tahoe High baseball athletes were recently recognized for their performances in the 2017 season.
Senior Garret Harley was named to 1st Team All-League and 2nd Team All-State for the outfield; Peyton Galli was named to 2nd Team All-League for third base.
Junior Chris Pfister and sophomore Kevin Lehmann were honorable mentions for pitching and shortstop, respectively. The Northern Nevada 3A Division coaches recognized the athletes.
"Garret Harley had a good senior year for our team," said STHS head baseball coach Starbuck Teevan. "He led the team in many of the statistical categories."
Harley will continue his baseball career at Santa Rosa Junior College and plans to major in kinesiology.
"Peyton Galli, Kevin Lehmann and Chris Pfister will all be returning next year and we look for them to lead the team going forward," said Teevan.
South Tahoe was eliminated in the regional tournament this year, but Teevan said he is looking to improve on the fifth consecutive tournament appearance, next year.
"The season didn't end as we had hoped, but with a solid group of players returning next year, the Viking baseball program is in good hands."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- Justin Timberlake to compete in 2017 Lake Tahoe ACC celebrity golf tournament
- CUFA Tahoe soccer tournament kicks off
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room