STHS golf team close to playoff form
March 28, 2003
The South Tahoe golf team is closing in on the eighth and final spot to advance to the Northern Nevada 4A league playoffs, finishing in ninth place at Wildcreek in Sparks on Wednesday.
The Vikings finished two strokes behind Reno for eighth place.
Galena won the match with a team score of 422, followed by Carson (433), Douglas (440), Reed (448), Spanish Springs (449), McQueen (453), Fallon (470), Reno (473), South Tahoe (475), North Valleys (494), Elko (496), Sparks (530) and Wooster (541).
STHS coach Mike Patterson said his team is close to making the cut, but the season has a ways to go.
“Ninth place puts us two points out of eighth, where we need to be,” Patterson said. “Hopefully we can make up at least two points when we play at Sierra Nevada on Tuesday.”
Individually, Hunter Harris led the way for the Vikings with a score of 88, followed by Alex Yure with 90, Dan D’Angelo 97, Langdon Owen 99 and Andrew Wysong and Nate Alcorn 101 each.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- South Tahoe’s Sullivan signs with St. Mary’s College
- Solano forfeits Saturday match, Lake Tahoe Community College advances in playoffs
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes get No. 3 seed, will host Solano Saturday