STHS soccer shuts out Damonte
October 22, 2008
Kyle Wallace and Giovanni Perez each scored goals as the South Tahoe boys’ soccer team shut out Damonte Ranch 2-0 in a Sierra League game on Wednesday in Reno.
It was the Vikings’ third consecutive win, improving their record to 7-11-1 overall and 6-7 in league. South Tahoe scored both of its goals in the first half.
“We definitely dominated this time around,” said STHS coach Chris DeLeon. “It was Damonte’s senior night, so that gave us a little more motivation to win. But it was pretty cool because, at one point, there was all underclassmen on the field for us.”
The Vikings close out the season against league champion Carson on Saturday at 11 a.m. in South Lake Tahoe. The game is senior day for STHS.
The South Tahoe doubles team of Lindsey Buchanan-Martin and Savannah Cherry will find out its Nevada 4A state tournament quarterfinal opponent today. The Northern 4A regional runners-up will either play a No. 2 seed or a No. 1 seed from the Sunset or Sunrise leagues from Las Vegas.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal