Struggles continue for Lady Vikings
Ryan Summerlin January 31, 2014
South Tahoe girls basketball lost two close games over the weekend to fall to 5-12 overall.
On Friday, the Lady Vikings traveled to Truckee where they found themselves within two points late in the game, but couldn’t pull out a win and finished with a 42-35 loss.
Junior Ally King led the scoring with 14 points and senior Riley Chapman followed with 10.
Saturday’s game at Lowry saw the Vikings down by 17 early in the fourth quarter. They battled back within six, but ended up losing 43-33.
Senior Hannah Neiger led all scorers with 14 and King had nine.
South Tahoe’s next game is at home Friday against Elko.
Trending In: Sports
- Take a hike: A scenic jaunt to Lake Margaret is well worth the work (watch the video)
- Sports Roundup: South Tahoe volleyball wins fifth straight, Whittell girls soccer blanks Yerington, South Tahoe boys tennis still unbeaten
- South Tahoe girls soccer loses at rival Truckee 2-1, sees match as ‘turning point’
- Fighting five: Local Escobar Training Grounds products highlight WFC 60 event at MontBleu
- MedWAR takes on Tahoe: Physical challenges, medical scenarios play out in inaugural event